I am planning to do my masters in IT project management and I was wondering if I can get a PMP certification before I start my masters? I eventually do want to get a PMP certification, but does it really matter if I do it before or after my masters?

Also, how long does it usually take to get a PMP?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The PMP certification is much easier and quicker to complete when compared to a Master's degree. If having the PMP makes you more marketable, then just get it done now. however, if I am not mistaken, a requirement of the PMP certification is work experience. You may want to look at the requirements in more detail.

I think you can take PMP certification because it’s only a few days to take. In fact, I have a friend who takes both Maters and PMP. pmp exam simulation

if it's so shallow it takes only 4 days to acquire the skills to pass the exam and get a piece of paper, it's also utterly worthless.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.