What do Geek's eat in your part of the world? You're there tapping away, writing the world's greatest app for Android, or that Windows software that tablet owners will not be able to live without. What feeds the engine room driving all that creativity?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Coffee, even cigars, yet no food for me.

Good coffee, and bananas, do it for me.

Are you asking what we snack on while coding, or what we eat in general? What I eat in general is mostly a healthy diet of whole foods. Staples include:

• Tea
  • Coffee
  • Oatmeal
  • Peanut butter
  • Cheese
  • Chicken
  • Veggie burgers
  • Frozen Fruit
  • Frozen vegetables
  • Greek yogurt (full fat, of course)
  • Almonds (ideally cinnamon roasted)
  • Spiced Rum
  • Scotch

I'm not a big snacker anymore, but crackers and dry cereal (without milk) would be my go-to snacks while gaming or coding. I like salty things, sweet not so much. :)

commented: i don't see how alcoholic drinks or veggie burgers are good for you... +0

My favourite is datteri with roasted almonds.
I'm not sure about the English term for datteri which is the fruit of the Phoenix plant

and dry cereal

o_o'

Coffee, water and what ever I made for tea the night before. I'd like to say beer but they're a bit fussy about you drinking in the office...

hmmm i like munching on nuts and tea when i am coding!!! keeps me strong n active

Munching on tea ? you must have a lot of sugar in it..

I'd like to say beer but they're a bit fussy about you drinking in the office...

That's what telecommuting is for. :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.