My best present was my Gaming PC! What was yours?

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

I have no such.
Maybe only a book which my sister gifted me.
It was titled "Wizard of Oz". I was reading it all a Sunday, from sunrise till dawn.

In Russia this book is known only in translation by V. Volkoff
(he is Boris Berestetsky, - a not very famous, but extremely qualified Soviet physicist).
In Russian it's titled as "Volshebnik Izumrudnogo Goroda".
Literally it means: "A Magician (of/from) Emerald Town".

My best present was my Gaming PC!

Come on, boy! Wake up.

It was on my birthday that I was told I got into uni, a dream come true!!

I really was hoping to get in, and two weeks before the due date, I got a letter from Oxford saying I had got in!!! YAY!!

commented: That's awesome! +0

I got a letter from Oxford

To get into Oxford... mmmrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Aha thanks guys :)

It was when I gave the Dairy Milk chocolate specially bought for the girl I loved too much.
Her beautiful smile & sweet voice that said 'happy birthday' was the best present I have ever got.
It has more value even than the toys, the game CDs/DVDs, my mobile Nokia E5 i got on my birthday as the present.
I can't forget that moment the smile was on the her face.

Congratz Matt on making it into Oxford, I am going to apply to Harvard University/MIT when i am able to go to a university. So right now, i am maintaining my straight A's, extra curriculars, and I am prepping for the SAT (1 and 2) and ACT.

But anyways... the best gift i have ever recieved was my dog (small white maltese dog, pure white with curly tail/pig tail, probably a teacup/toy dog). That dog makes me happier by the day and it is my alarm clock on the weekends too :)... he wakes me up at around 4-5 AM on the weekends.

commented: Thanks, and I agree, there can be no better present than a dog ;) +0

Good luck on getting into university. I'm sure you will easily get in with straight A's.

Good luck on getting into university. I'm sure you will easily get in with straight A's.

Haha, i wish it were that easy. Anyone can have straight A's but they also look at your SAT's and ACT's plus all of your extracurriculars (sports, activities, programs, etc.)

iPhone 5, from my wife.

24 years ago when my 7 year old son was given the all-clear from cancer, best day of my life. He's 31 now, and bigger than me!

Compared to some of these, the Gaming PC is starting to sound pathetic!

Meh, gaming PCs aren't my thing at all. I like games, sure, but 99.9% of what I do on my computer isn't gaming. Don't take that the wrong way, it's normally progamming or surfing the web do find solutions to programming problems and so on. Games barely ever come into my life these days.

Yes, i agree. I didnt want my gaming PC only for only games, it was the speed that comes with it i wanted, but i use it for games sometimes.

A friend of mine once gave me a 1993 Gibson SG guitar. It is still a part of my collection.

that was a pretty cool gift.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.