I love optical illusions and they normally work on me but in the following one you are supposed to be able to see a red pill and a blue pill when in fact they are both grey. I see them both as grey though - does anyone else see red and blue?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/30/16/27244D7D00000578-3018215-image-a-2_1427727872594.jpg

This is one of my all time favorites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checker_shadow_illusion

If you want some fun, print this one out twice. Cut out square A and then slide it from A to B on the other printout. You see it amazingly change colour as you slide it!

Print it out from here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checker_shadow_illusion#/media/File:Grey_square_optical_illusion.PNG

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

I see a red pill in the blue hand and a blue in the yellow hand.

The same for me, I see the red and blue pills... not gray. I think the effect is stronger when you take your focus off the images (so they get blurry).

You'll have to open this picture in another tab to get the effect because it is an animated gif. It's a false colour illusion.

CLvcc.gif

I don't understand that one Jim

You'll have to open this picture in another tab to get the effect because it is an animated gif. It's a false colour illusion.

that one is really neat.

I don't understand that one Jim

if you stare at the dot, one the "timer" expires, the buildings look like they have color, if you look away and look at them again, you will see that the picture has no color.

I see them both as grey though - does anyone else see red and blue?

i saw grey, but if i stared for a while, i could see the red and blue.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

magic-eye.gif

This post has no text-based content.
Member Avatar for misi

What's the trick with the image above this post?

The coloured walls one doesn't work for me either :(

I see gray pills...

Member Avatar for iamthwee

What's the trick with the image above this post?

It's a magic eye open in new tab.

I'm going to post a few more of my favourites. Some are animated gifs so you may have to download and view for them to work. The first two are not so they shouuld work for everyone.

The Hug may take a little staring to get the illusion.

Hug-Optical-Illusion.jpg

This one flip flops between front and side views.

untitled.jpg

This one's an animated gif. At first when you stare at the centre you will see the blue dots disappear and reappear in sequence. Then you will see a yellow dot circling the centre. After another few moments the blue dots will disappear completely. If you click on the image below it may open in another tab in your browser and display with animation.

illusion_couleurinv2.gif

I like this one the best. It's an animated pinwheel. Try to open it in another tab, make the browser full screen and zoom in to make the image as large as will fit on the screen. Start at the centre of the image for 60 seconds, then look at anything else like the back of your hand. My cat freaked when it saw the image on the screen.

pinwheel.gif

The last animated gif is cool. The vertical bars look like they are moving from left to right.

zigzag.gif

I did see phrases like "stop wasting your time" and "go get a life".

hey! yes if you look at it you start seeing the pill's color! pretty cool, at 1st they look grey.

daniweb.jpg

This post has no text-based content.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.