I have forgotten my bios password on my dell latitude c600.
how can i retrieve it or reset it?

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Hello,

My name is Richard; I work for Dell's Online Community Outreach group. Forgetting your computer's bios password is not unusual, so we have a way to unlock that. What we need is the serial system ID number that appears on screen when you are asked to place in the bios password.

You can either call our technical support or you can pm me the information to unlock the bios.

Regards,

Richard B
Dell Online Community Outreach

Richard
I purchased this laptop from an estate auction but it has the bios locked. Is there a default password that I can unlock it with. My service tag is 5MLS2C1-595B

Thanks
Tony

Read Richard's post again:
"What we need is the serial system ID number that appears on screen when you are asked to place in the bios password."

Richard, here is what I get on the screen.
5MLS2C1-595B
Can you help
Thanks
Tony

I have a Dell C600 and it's asking for a primary or administrator password. I have no password so here is the system info. gv9nd11-595b

Thanks
<snipped-keep it onsite please>

cant you unlock it using a jumper on the motherboard? you can do that on the desktop dells

Richard, here is what I get on the screen.
5MLS2C1-595B
Can you help
Thanks
Tony

Once again, you have to read Richard's post. He's very specific about what to do with this information.
(PM or Tech Support).
This is a constant problem-we supply answers and the OP doesn't read them or supply the requested info. A great chance for you to become a better user of sites like this one.

Hello Richard i have an idea to clear bios settings.It is a popular way in old systems to clear bios. Just do it, At the moment you start the system press and hold the 'SHIFT' key for a while. I think it will work. best of luck!

Every time I turn on my computer I get a white screen asking me for a primary or admin password. Richard if you coud help me I would appreciate it. My computer system #CC72211-595b.

Hello,

My name is Richard; I work for Dell's Online Community Outreach group. Forgetting your computer's bios password is not unusual, so we have a way to unlock that. What we need is the serial system ID number that appears on screen when you are asked to place in the bios password.

You can either call our technical support or you can pm me the information to unlock the bios.

Regards,

Richard B

Every time I turn on my computer I get a white screen asking me for a primary or admin password. Richard if you coud help me I would appreciate it. My computer system #CC72211-595b.

Again, read the post more carefully:

My recommendation would be calling technical support.

My Apologies, I'm new to blogging. What exactly is PM you?

Again, read the post more carefully:

My recommendation would be calling technical support.

'PM' is short for private messaging. It's a way for members in a community system like DaniWeb to communicate, well, privately.

But seeing that DellOutreach hasn't posted in several months, I'd say your best option is just to call Dell support.

Richard B,

I have an Inspiron 5150, that's Bios password blocked and it's code is
6T25041-A95B. Other than replaceing the EEPROM chip is there a way to unlock it
without the original paasword?

Thanks,
eric35673

hi richard, i have a dell latitude d620 service tag 9tml5c1-595b, i purchased it and didnt know the bios password was locked. i tryed calling dell and they wont give me the password until they can verify that its not stolen!! they said they would get back to me and didnt., i am desperate and really need to get this laptop going. if you could help it would be a life saver. you can email me at <snipped>

Hello,

Regards,

Richard B

hi richard, i have a dell latitude d620 service tag 9tml5c1-595b, i purchased it and didnt know the bios password was locked. i tryed calling dell and they wont give me the password until they can verify that its not stolen!! they said they would get back to me and didnt., i am desperate and really need to get this laptop going. if you could help it would be a life saver. you can email me at <snipped>

My serial nr. on c600 is #FZPL911-595B.
THat appears on screen when is asking for admin password

Note to everyone:

You have basically two options for unlocking your Dell BIOS password:

a) Determine if you can unlock it yourself, then take appropriate action. Or just research a little.

b) Use Dell technical support (either send a private message to DellOutreach, or call Dell support). You'll need the system ID number that appears on the screen when you're booting up. If unsure, use this option.

Finally, this thread is going nowhere with everyone posting their serial numbers, so I'm going to close it.

I need a code to unlock administratiors password on my dell c600 that i purchased recently

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.