Hey guys!

I really need to remove a thread I made because my code is in there and I think my professor won't like it if he sees it in here. Can you help me?

Here's the link.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Your link is to the wrong location, working link here

Why on earth did you post your code in the first place if you're not allowed?

You need to flag it to a moderator, but as far as I'm aware it's not common practice at all to be deleting stuff.

You should have thought of that before posting, as removing threads only occurs when they violate our rules.

What Prit said.

Specifically, read the terms of service which state:

Posts contributed to the community immediately become the property of DaniWeb upon submission. Members may edit their posts for a limited time period immediately after, for the purpose of correcting spelling and grammar mistakes and accidental ommissions. After this initial period expires, posts may only be edited or deleted by DaniWeb team members, and only in cases where they do not comply with our forum rules for the purpose of making said content comply with all rules. As a discussion community, posts contributed by many members work together to form coherent discussions. Altering or deleting individual posts may have consequences that unfairly extend to other members of the community. All members are held responsible for their actions. As always, think before you permanently post something on the public Internet.

I don't think any major forum is going to delete a thread for any user unless its bad...

The golden rule is: if you don't want anyone to see your stuff, don't put it on the Internet. Pretty simple really...

The golden rule is: if you don't want anyone to see your stuff, don't put it on the Internet. Pretty simnple really...

Unless its your site and you have the power to do so... :)

Even if it's your site, if you don't want anyone to see it, don't put it on the Internet, or else it might get cached by Googlebot, Archive.org, etc.

@Dani, True...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.