Hi,

Iam want to promote another domain for my existing site. Can I put a new design of my existing website on this new domain and share the same database? Will it effect my SEM? If yes what is the alternate? Please guide.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

it's probably best that you get two separate domains or at least use a sub-domain for the second site.

it's probably best that you get two separate domains or at least use a sub-domain for the second site.

I already have separate domains for both, i just want to share the Database for both.

You can certainly share the database, just make sure they're using different table names.

probably best to do something like ...

sub1_tablename1

then

sub2_tablename2

just to make sure you know which table is for which sub-domain etc etc.

You can certainly share the database, just make sure they're using different table names.

probably best to do something like ...

sub1_tablename1

then

sub2_tablename2

just to make sure you know which table is for which sub-domain etc etc.

Thanks for your reply. But there is little more to it. Even though the database would be diff. for both sites. I want to share only few tables like the user registration tables.
Basically I want to give users access to both sites with one ID. No matter on which site they register first they will have access to both sites.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed with this.

Again I appreciate your time.

You're getting into the technical know-how of that specific application. Unless you've developed it yourself, you're better off asking the software creators.

If you are creating it yourself, it's above my head and someone else would need to answer this for you. sorry

You're getting into the technical know-how of that specific application. Unless you've developed it yourself, you're better off asking the software creators.

If you are creating it yourself, it's above my head and someone else would need to answer this for you. sorry

Yes, Iam developing it. Anyways I appreciate your sugesstions on this. I hope someone else reads this post.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.