First snow of the winter for us, but we only have about 1 inch. :) I like to see a white Christmas, but don't like the suff at other times because its such a pain to remove from sidewalks, roads etc. I know most of you young people have lots of fun in it, so I hope you get to enjoy it a lot this winter.

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

Lucky you with your snow.

I have a blistering sun...

damn! haven't seen snow in 17 years now...

I have about eight inch's on the ground right now and another foot coming tomorrow, depending on how the storm tracks.

Lucky you with your snow.

I have a blistering sun...

damn! haven't seen snow in 17 years now...

Must be somewhat boring to have only one season -- hot!

Well technically we have wet season and dry season :P. It does actually get quite cold at this time of year though, but never any snow. I've been told that the cold has to do with some sort of Trade Winds blowing our way, but I wasn't quite paying attention.

I wish i had some snow...........
I want global cooling not warming!
Give the south of England some snow, and everything will be more happy :)

Snow covers up the dirt and filth of the city real nicely.

lol
What a great post sneekula :P
Snow makes everything nice, until it turns to either black ice (bad for drivers) or this slushy stuff (bad for pedestrians).

Well, snow is worth the few days of winter charm it gives. Like everything else, there is a price attached.

One price you pay is now you can see if a dog pees on your lawn. Ignorance is bliss is some aspects of life.

Now I wish I had a digital camera so that I could post a couple pictures. When I went to work this morning there were a few places in the country that were really pretty with all the ice/snow covered trees and houses. Picture perfect scenes.

Now I wish I had a digital camera so that I could post a couple pictures. When I went to work this morning there were a few places in the country that were really pretty with all the ice/snow covered trees and houses. Picture perfect scenes.

There might still be time to put a digital camera on your Christmas list. I understand you can send letters to the Northpole until the morning of December 24th. Too bad they don't have e-mail service yet.

Imagine the North-pole having an MSN account or some other instant messaging address. :D

We had our snow a few weeks ago, now we're back go glorious rain... :P

Another 1-3 more inches is expected tonight where I live.

Another 1-3 more inches is expected tonight where I live.

There was a thread not too long ago that asked:
Where did all the snow go???
at:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread66324.html
There someone wondered if global warming might be the culprit for the lack of snow.

last winter we did not get snow until around February and another winter my heat stopped working Christmas day and the house was warm enough that i did not notice. That is how warm it has been lately, this just seems to be a freak year.

In South England we barely ever get snow anymore :( <sigh>
We sometimes get snow but it's like only an inch thick at tops where i live.

That 1-3 inches ended up becoming a little more than six inches. I took some pictures (we have gotten about 2.5 feet of snow this year so far). I might take some more this weekend, we might be getting more snow.

Ok maybe that's a bit more than I would ask for.

Winter of 1982 we got over 4 feet of it in one snowstorm! We were snowed in for 3 days before someone dug us out. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending how to look at it) I just lived across the street from my job so I had to walk to work in 4 ft snowbanks. The clearners brought out the huge dump trucks and dozers to shovel us out and dumped the snow in a couple nearby football parks. The snow was about two stories high when they finished. Looked like we made our own iceberg :)

That is one reason I love living on a hill. My porch, and side door, is about seven feet off the ground and has a roof over it. I also keep a shovel up there so I can reach it no matter what.

Snow is just water in a cute shape.

i never feel how snow about.. its impossible happen in my country. that snow like a granule ice in my freezer?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.