Like many it seems I to have unfortunately just been suckered into buying from Bestpricedbrands aka Jay Smith.
Same thing..thought it was a UK site..no reason not to..but alas its just someone in Pasadena..!
I ordered a 30 GB zune.....
I had the whole customs charges avoided by being detailed as "Games". My zune had crashed while syncing, so I turned it off, and turned it on again, and it told me to contact support, (Screen 5).

So I sent an email to bestpricedbrands, and got this reply:

Hi

I have copied a link to the Zune site. Can you please review it and if after your review you continue to have problems please let me know and I will be happy to assist you with the problem.

http://www.zune.net/en-US/support/default.htm

Regards,

Kendra

www.bestpricedbrands.co.uk

I couldn't find any help on the site, so I sent them another email. 3 days later I got a reply:

Hi

Can you please tell me why you would like to return the Zune? If it is not currently working properly we can exchange it for you, but you can not return for a full refund.

Regards,

Kendra

www.bestpricedbrands.co.uk

This was over 2 weeks ago, this is the last I heard. I have sent many emails, even using a different account, asking for an address. They fail to send a reply to me. If I could get my zune to work, then I would be happy.

I am going to contact PayPal, it is where I brought the Zune from, I will tell them what has happened, tell them about this company etc..

Here's the domain owner:

Domain name:
bestpricedbrands.co.uk

Registrant:
Jaivin Karnani

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
56 E Holly Street, Suite 220W
Pasadena
CA
US

Fake WHOIS details, the given address is a lingerie store in the US.

I have sent them an email, and will be contacting PayPal very soon.

If you have any ideas on how to fix my zune, my topic is here:

http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/zune-30/14852-zune-cant-install-firmware.html

Many Thanks,

G.Finch

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Hello Consumers,

My name is Jaivin and I am the president of Bestpricebrands.co.uk . I understand that we do have angry customers and I would like to settle all of their issues as soon as possible.
I apologize for any inconvenience that my team and I have caused you. We are a two year old company and because of that, we are fairly new. My team and I are attempting to fix all the glitches with the site at this time including the emails, customer service, Prices, the orders and UPS. If you or anyone you know has had any issues with our company please email me directly at JK@bestpricedbrands.co.uk and I will settle the issue for you.

We are an honest company with good intentions to provide you the best products at the best prices. If there is any compensation I can offer you please let me know.

Sincerely,

Jaivin Karnani
Company President

Wow, half a year for the company to respond to a customer complaint. Doesn't make you look good...

I wonder if Isonis got his computer fixed or replaced.

Like many it seems I to have unfortunately just been suckered into buying from Bestpricedbrands aka Jay Smith.
Same thing..thought it was a UK site..no reason not to..but alas its just someone in Pasadena..!
I ordered a 30 GB zune.....
I had the whole customs charges avoided by being detailed as "Games". My zune had crashed while syncing, so I turned it off, and turned it on again, and it told me to contact support, (Screen 5).

So I sent an email to bestpricedbrands, and got this reply:

I couldn't find any help on the site, so I sent them another email. 3 days later I got a reply:

This was over 2 weeks ago, this is the last I heard. I have sent many emails, even using a different account, asking for an address. They fail to send a reply to me. If I could get my zune to work, then I would be happy.

I am going to contact PayPal, it is where I brought the Zune from, I will tell them what has happened, tell them about this company etc..

Here's the domain owner:

Domain name:
bestpricedbrands.co.uk

Registrant:
Jaivin Karnani

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
56 E Holly Street, Suite 220W
Pasadena
CA
US

Fake WHOIS details, the given address is a lingerie store in the US.

I have sent them an email, and will be contacting PayPal very soon.

If you have any ideas on how to fix my zune, my topic is here:

http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/zune-30/14852-zune-cant-install-firmware.html

Many Thanks,

G.Finch

Dear Mr. Finch,

I apologize for the confusion. The address that you have registered is of sister company. We now operate with saroj international, yes a lingerie company, that is also a sister company. The address and information is correct. I apologize that no one has contacted you.
If you could please send me your email address i will make it a point to send you a return slip and send you a new Zune. Yours seems to have a fault.

Please contact me,
jk@bestpricedbrands.co.uk

Thank you,

J. Karnani

Why does customer service seem to take so long these days??

Welcome to the site Jaivin :)

Thank you,

The reason why it was taking so long to respond to the emails was because we did not have the right team in place to answer customer inquiries. There are a few glitches still within the company but I am working hard to make sure that all of those glitches (as far as customer service, orders and shipping) are resolved quickly.

Jaivin Karnani.

commented: one little lie a liar makes... -3

>we did not have the right team in place to answer customer inquiries.
Translation: "We hadn't yet hired someone to troll the web looking for threads discussing our company." :icon_rolleyes:

commented: LOL +17

Yo Jarvin.

Well at this point, I would love to accept your offer of sending me a Zune. If you want to send me one then please do.

Now, I think you should send me one as I am about to tell the truth. You actually sent me a Zune in January, and it works perfectly.

But of course, if you want to get rid of the old zunes (30GB), then I won't refuse.

I also got conned by this company. Bought a Digital Ixus, was sent US 'equivalent' - of course Canon warranty not valid in the UK.

I am now in contact with the police in Los Angeles but they say I need more people to complain.

Could anyone who thinks they have been defrauded please contact me at <email snipped> (and yes - I am in the UK, unlike Best Priced Brands)
I have also been in touch with UPS, Amazon (look at the bestpricedbrands privacy policy and compare it with amazon.co.uk - a clone!), US Dept of Commerce - they claim Safe Harbour certification that they don't have, Bibit - their internet payment servicer owned by Bank of Scotland, Better Business Bureau, and all the companies listed at the end of their Privacy Policy which they ripped off from Amazon, etc etc.

I don't think they should be allowed to continue to rip off UK customers.

If you could PM me your email, I'll contact you and try to bring these people down!

I contacted paypal and they are aware of these people's activities. They made then send me a Zune I think as I said I would take it higher and Paypal would have to give evidence in court. Then Suddenly I got an email from these people saying my Zune had been dispatched. One thing though, I was amazed that it only took 24 hours to get from LA to UK :)

Hello,

I would just like to let you know We apologize for any confusion you may be experiencing. The Canon IXUS and the Canon Powershot are the same item. One is the US version and one is the UK version. They have the exact same functions and specs; the only difference is the name. The item is 100% UK compatible and any adapters needed for the item should have been included with the package. Per our terms and conditions, we do reserve the right to ship from any where in the world in order to offer you the lowest price available. Also, as mentioned, the version that we send depends on market availability. Please rest assured that you are still covered under a full 1 year warranty and should there be any faults with the item we will gladly replace it at no cost to you.

Reguards,

Customer support at Bestpricedbrands.

This isn't a support forum for Bestpricedbrands. I've given you the benefit of the doubt, BPBPresident, but any further customer support posts will be treated as violations of our Keep It Spam-Free rule.

Hello,

I would just like to let you know We apologize for any confusion you may be experiencing. The Canon IXUS and the Canon Powershot are the same item. One is the US version and one is the UK version. They have the exact same functions and specs; the only difference is the name. The item is 100% UK compatible and any adapters needed for the item should have been included with the package. Per our terms and conditions, we do reserve the right to ship from any where in the world in order to offer you the lowest price available. Also, as mentioned, the version that we send depends on market availability. Please rest assured that you are still covered under a full 1 year warranty and should there be any faults with the item we will gladly replace it at no cost to you.

Reguards,

Customer support at Bestpricedbrands.

This is suspiciously like the e-mail I received in response to my query.
BPBPresident, it isn't me that's confused - it's you who is deluded. IXUS and Powershot are NOT the same item. Canon sell Powershot in USA and Canada with USA/Canada warranty, they sell IXUS in Europe with European warranty. What makes you think your warranty is worth a bent penny!
Please give me one example where you sent an IXUS to a customer in the UK and I will gladly apologise.
If your website was open and honest about what you do then your customers would have no grounds for complaint. But it isn't - it hides behind a .co.uk address and prices in UK Pounds to fool folks into thinking you are in the UK.
You are deceitful, dishonest, a liar. You deserve everything you got coming to you.
If you are really apologetic about the confusion you would give me a full refund on the camera I sent back to you - do I think that will happen? As soon as pigs start piloting Boeing 747s. Come on Jaivin, prove me wrong!

Thread closed. You all should communicate somewhere else.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.