New to these boards, I am a community manager for a publishing house that runs a large number of community websites , I am responsible for usergenerated content on a couple of their websites, and also part of the team that sets the policies and strategies across the whole company.

I started of at the bottom end in my chosen profession and worked 25 years in it, as a hobby I set up a forum for other people doing the same job, I attracted a website in the USA (I am in UK) who had a forum for Americans doing the same job, to help me with hosting and developement, after a couple of years we moved away from the USA website, and in parnership with them set up the UK as a totally independant company (with the USA website owners as partners)

2 years ago I gave up working in my profession and went full time working on the website/forums, I and my American partners then recieved an offer from a international publishing house that wanted to move into the on-line arena in our area, and offered to take on and promote an existing website to than to build their own,

So here I am today....

45 yrs old, married, 2 brats (2.5 yrs old and 5 years old) living and working from home in North Yorkshire, and actually enjoying the job.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello and welcome to DaniWeb from your South Yorkshire based administrator...

Welcome!

Welcome....hope you'll enjoy it here!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.