Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I wish you all the best in your personal and professional lifes...

Ancient Dragon commented: nice images +21

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Nice imates. Its amazing (to me anyway) how much talent some people have.

A Happy New Year to you too! May your taxes be low and your income be high.

hope the best for all of you in everything you do and you can pass any challenge in next year.MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

Merry Christmas Every0ne!!!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

Cheers,
-Jishnu.

Happy Holidays everyone, even to those who don't celebrate them :)

Merry Yule to one and all (a Pagan seasonal greeting...)

Does that mean you're a pagan (whatever that is) :)

A Happy New Year to you too! May your taxes be low and your income be high.

LMAO let's talk about that for a second. Our government issued a pay raise for public servants, so my dad got a raise in salary. However, it sent him up and tax grade and now he's getting less money. How weird is that?

Anyway, Happy Holidays to you too. Those images are nice and bright and cutish (albeit potentially seizure inducing).

Wish all the people on this forum a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year on behalf of me and my country. :-)

Does that mean you're a pagan (whatever that is) :)

I am, indeed, a pagan. I follow the Wiccan faith.

Yule has a nice ring to it. Actually, that Santa Claus thing is based on paganism too, so you don't have to be too apologetic..

Yule has a nice ring to it. Actually, that Santa Claus thing is based on paganism too, so you don't have to be too apologetic..

Actually, Santa Claus is based on a misunderstanding of the Dutch pronunciation of St. Nikolaus (sp. is various) back in the day when New York was a dutch city and from a coke ad in the 1930s (this is where he picked up the fat, jolly look). Nothing pagan about Santa; though some consider it an anagram of Satan (ain't it the truth, Church Lady!).

It is interesting to note that dictionary.com defines both pagan and heathen as "One who is not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew" - this sort of bothered me so I looked it up in my REALLY big dictionary (I am getting too old for the compact edition - anyone wanna buy me the full sized ed. for xmas? - I need one of those magnifying lamps read this thing) but the OED defines heathen (mostly) the same but adds (after a full page of dithering) mostly polytheists when uncultured and uncivilized; but says that pagan derives its roots from civilian or non-military (a Christian soldier reference) and rustic or villager (more rural vs city stuff).

but I digress HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Merry Christmas to Everyone, Hope the best for all of you

Actually, Santa Claus is based on a misunderstanding of the Dutch pronunciation of St. Nikolaus (sp. is various) back in the day when New York was a dutch city and from a coke ad in the 1930s (this is where he picked up the fat, jolly look). Nothing pagan about Santa; though some consider it an anagram of Satan (ain't it the truth, Church Lady!).

It is interesting to note that dictionary.com defines both pagan and heathen as "One who is not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew" - this sort of bothered me so I looked it up in my REALLY big dictionary (I am getting too old for the compact edition - anyone wanna buy me the full sized ed. for xmas? - I need one of those magnifying lamps read this thing) but the OED defines heathen (mostly) the same but adds (after a full page of dithering) mostly polytheists when uncultured and uncivilized; but says that pagan derives its roots from civilian or non-military (a Christian soldier reference) and rustic or villager (more rural vs city stuff).

but I digress HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Disagreement with the Coke Statement.

And while I don't know about 'Heathen', I vaugely recall reading about 'pagan' being a descendant of 'paganus', supposedly meaning 'country dweller'.

I don't think he was being apologetic, nor should he need be at all :P

Merry Christmas all, from a resident atheist :icon_biggrin:

Disagreement with the Coke Statement.

Dang - bit by another UL!

And while I don't know about 'Heathen', I vaugely recall reading about 'pagan' being a descendant of 'paganus', supposedly meaning 'country dweller'.

Yeah, that was the "rustic or villager (more rural vs city stuff)." part -- a little more in depth on the Christian Soldier thing - at the time Christians first came into political power it was mostly in the cities and towns so pagan referred to the dwellers in smaller hamlets, villages, etc or out on the heath (hence heathen).

This is what I love about this place - I keep learning!

... a Happy New Year 2008

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.