Jacqueline, (love the name - my sister, godmother both have that name) I tend to agree with you on some levels but on others I tend to see the promises that Obama might be able to keep as better than the promises that McCain might be able to keep.

I checked out your site - can't wait for the 3d page to be up and running. I have absolutely no use for your products but the site is so clean and precise.

obama is like change change change but he doesnt actually say what/how he is going to change it

obama is like change change change but he doesnt actually say what/how he is going to change it

You know, the most important thing about Obama is that he is not McCain. This will probably be the one unifying factor in his (gawd I sure hope) win. McCain is lost, wandering the stage looking for his car; Palin can't be trusted to speak to the press without handlers.

Obama is at least coherent.

I am sure glad no one on this forum tried to use Ashley Todd's racist, anti-Obama story.

Palin can't be trusted to speak to the press without handlers.

You might want to be more current.

Help Veterans Vote!

Load of crap time again - I have been to that Ace of Spades site before - that is the site that argues about how ugly Michele Obama is and seems to use c-word a lot in reference to women. Let me point you to a more trustworthy site - ACLU has a blog site. If you are going to point to the last gasp of a desperate Republican party lashing out in a blind rage - at least point to legit site.

You might want to be more current.

No, anyone who has asked an actual tough question was denied a ride on the 'Palin Express' - so she had load of lap dogs - real tough crowd to work, eh?

You will have to excuse me but that Ashley Todd’s dingbat Obama-Mugger fantasy has my dander up. I will mellow out when I have some more bourbon.

Load of crap time again - I have been to that Ace of Spades site before - that is the site that argues about how ugly Michele Obama is and seems to use c-word a lot in reference to women. Let me point you to a more trustworthy site - ACLU has a blog site. If you are going to point to the last gasp of a desperate Republican party lashing out in a blind rage - at least point to legit site.

For others who cannot escape blind partisanship but would otherwise be decent people, allow me to quote the salient part:

Dear Jack,

As I stood in line to early vote this week, the line grew longer and longer behind me... it was an affiliation of churches that had joined forces to get their congregations to the polls.

I asked myself - is anyone helping get Veterans to the polls? So I called the local Disabled Veterans of America and some of the VFW posts in my city - turns out, there is very little organized effort to help Veterans get to the polls!!!

If I have the right to vote just by being born here, seems to me the ones who protect that right most definitely have the right to be heard... I will be driving at least some of them to the polls for early voting next week, and all it takes to help is a little bit of time and gas.

IT'S EASY TO HELP!!! Just call the local Veterans-affiliated organizations in your area. They'll welcome your call, and you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside that you helped a true defender of our liberties continue to be heard and appreciated!

Blessings! (Name Withheld)

No, anyone who has asked an actual tough question was denied a ride on the 'Palin Express' - so she had load of lap dogs - real tough crowd to work, eh?

:D :D

Major networks carry Obama's water for him and lob softballs ...

Please my sides are aching.

:D :D

Major networks carry Obama's water for him and lob softballs ...

Please my sides are aching.

Nah, that is what Biden is for

Apart from mentions in the Washington Times, Ace of Spades has been quoted, mentioned, or referenced on the Wall Street Journal's website[4], Fox News, CNN[5], National Review, The Weekly Standard, and many notable online magazines.

If ya tell me it's slanted right, duh. If I believe that much of the "mainstream" is actually tilted left, why would I go there? Ain't that like looking for a virgin in a whorehouse?

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=29181

Just to show you it is not all slanted left.

But seriously folks, lets talk about connections to fraudsters

Imagine that after his arrest, Timothy McVeigh had been released from custody because of misconduct by police and/or an overzealous prosecutor. Imagine that after his release, McVeigh had bragged about setting the bomb that destroyed the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

Now picture McVeigh spending the next decade amassing degrees from prestigious universities and procuring grants to dispense funds to extreme right-wing groups. Imagine that he had become a tenured professor at a major university and an expert on education issues -- and that he wrote a book about his experiences as a terrorist.

On the cover of a magazine, he is photographed stomping on an American flag. In the interview within that magazine, he is quoted as saying, “Guilty as hell! Free as a bird! America is a great country!” He is also quoted as saying that he does not regret blowing up the Murrah Building; in fact, he says, he wishes he had done more. Perhaps an abortion clinic bombing. Perhaps another federal building. Perhaps the White House.

Now imagine clear evidence is found that McVeigh had been associated with John McCain on several levels. Perhaps they served on a board together. Maybe McCain had helped McVeigh dispense some of those funds to right wing groups. Everyone this side of the planet Neptune knows that this would be a topic of discussion in numerous front-page articles in The New York Times and on every media outlet in America -- and rightly so.

Nothing to see there. Move along.

Sounds like just a guy in my neighborhood. Maybe he'll babysit my kids.

If ya tell me it's slanted right, duh. If I believe that much of the "mainstream" is actually tilted left, why would I go there? Ain't that like looking for a virgin in a whorehouse?
]

No, actually it is not like looking for a virgin in a whorehouse.

and your point is?

Same as yours a few posts back. Ignore the content, attack the source.

Nothing to see there. Move along.

You're right nothing to see here.

For others who cannot escape blind partisanship but would otherwise be decent people, allow me to quote the salient part:

No the salient quote would be this:

With word that Democratic officials are already attempting to disqualify votes cast by military personnel deployed overseas, I thought this e-mail I received today from one of my dearest friends might inspire some of you to help redress this wrong

This is what torqued me off - it is the Republicans who are trying to disqualify voters which is where my posts were pointed.

Dave, are you as bored with this as I am?

Thread poll winners are:

1tehrooni, alc6379, Alex Edwards, Ancient Dragon, Bhamlett, bobdowding07, crista@folkwest, Daniel E, deonnanicole, Docktor D, fallen_prisoner, froger, Gibbie, GlennJ86, hacker9801, happygeek, hjast, hollystyles, hughv, isaackhazi, jaepi, jbennet, jephthah, joshSCH, katelynn6916, kkeith29, maui_mallard, MidiOpera, msk88, othello, overwhelmed, rhish.franks, rickya100, scru, Shaun32887, steven woodman, Sulley's Boo, thejahames, TheNNS, Thomas R, tver3305, venomlash, WolfPack, zalmo123

Congratulations.

You mean those things aren't anonymous? Dang!

Wolfpack should not count - WP voted for everything - I did not know you could do that!!?

Pretty underhanded trick!
Let's avoid any DaniWeb polls in the future!

You mean those things aren't anonymous? Dang!

It's an option for the poll whether it's public or not, sheesh. My poll, I wanted to see.

It's an option for the poll whether it's public or not, sheesh. My poll, I wanted to see.

I was surprised not pist; if I had known I could vote more than once, I would have.

Forums vary, and it's not always the easiest to find (or set up) the specifics.

Multiple Choice Poll.

It's been over a year since the election and inauguration and all that. I wanted to follow up so see if participants in this poll are still happy with their selection(s), or if their positions have changed over the past year or so. Especially of interest (to me) are the responders who were involved with policy discussions.

Disclaimer: Yes, I understand that it is generally bad form to dig up an old thread. I wanted subscription notices to go out to those who have responded previously. Besides, this is the Geeks' Lounge and not an old programming question that was already asked and answered. If subsequently split from this thread, and in the event that this thread is closed, I at least wanted the notices to go out. You may now resume misinterpreting my question and berating me for digging up an old thread. :icon_razz:

commented: Definitely a bump-worthy thread! +0
commented: R.I.P +0
commented: R.I.P. :( +0

Only those who chose Big Brother O would be in a position to state whether they're still happy, and given the general opinion of the population the answer should (if the people here are a representation of society) be a resounding no.

Only those who chose Big Brother O would be in a position to state whether they're still happy, and given the general opinion of the population the answer should (if the people here are a representation of society) be a resounding no.

I think there is room for more than Obama.

• John Edwards had his scandal see the light of day since election season; the opinion of "Edwards voters" interests me.
  • Hillary Clinton is now Sec. State, has her position bolstered "Hillary voters"?
  • Fred, Mitt, and Giuliani bowed out to McCain early, but has anything they've done since changed a person's opinion of them?
  • Ron Paul. Well, it's Ron Paul. But do his supporters still feel the same as a year or so ago?
  • Etc.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.