I don't think the act of opening or closing this thread has anything to do with Dave either way.

edit: But of course I do agree that it should be treated/closed under the same circumstances as any other thread.

I suggest that this thread be closed, out of respect for the deceased.

Do you want all of Dave's threads to be closed?

if they turn into attacks against his position, attacks he can no longer defend himself against, would be a good idea.

of course not.

and i completely changed my mind about requesting this be closed. It was a misguided idea, a kneejerk reaction to the thought of spammers bumping this thread every couple weeks along with the assorted retards popping in and saying stupid shit.

but dave, i'm sure, would be more interested in keeping dialogue open. at any rate, this is a huge thread and even if it is bumped by dumbasses and spammers from time to time, it will keep his memory alive.

though i didn't agree with most of his politics, he was a class act. I only knew him from the forums, but i miss him.

if they turn into attacks against his position, attacks he can no longer defend himself against, would be a good idea.

I didn't realize that this forum was about holding positions you have to defend against attacks.

I didn't realize that this forum was about holding positions you have to defend against attacks.

but of course it is.

I'd rather have had her as POTUS, but that wasn't an option

I keep wondering about this comment of yours - just what are the reasons you believe Palin would make a good president? I just found this quote of hers:

Sarah Palin was on the O’Reilly Factor last night talking about the National Day of Prayer, but she went a bit further than her usual party line of calling America a Christian nation. “I think we should keep this clean, keep it simple, go back to what our founders and our founding documents meant,” she said. “They’re quite clear that we would create law based on the God of the Bible and the 10 commandments, it’s pretty simple.”

What in the world could support this 'American Taliban' as president or any actual position of authority in the American body politic.

I think she was referring to the founders of the Tea Bag Party.

sarah palin, failed half-term-governor of the nation's least populous state, took five colleges and six years to get that BA in Communications degree.

yeah, we need more brilliant leaders like this.

She might not know much about US history, politics, or current world events .... but she got a prize for memorizing all the names of the books of the Bible in fifth grade.

oh, and she won a beauty pageant too. and she plays the flute.

yup. POTUS material right there, folks.

Mister Bush wasn't very bright either, and he made a darn good president. At least he didn't increase the taxes like his dad did.

the president doesn't have to be smart, he just has to look good on television and be able to follow the instructions of his teleprompter.
Ergo Obama, the TOTUS (Teleprompter Of The United States).

commented: He's an empty suit! The liberal machinery behind him dictates was on the teleprompter. +0
commented: are you retarded? no, seriously. are you? +0

I don't think President Obama uses Teleprompters. He used to be a law professor and doesn't need such aid.

the president doesn't have to be smart, he just has to look good on television and be able to follow the instructions of his teleprompter.

Are you still on about that? One would think that you would have some concept of the stupidity of that teleprompter whinge is. Name one politician/public speaker (other than Palin who writes on her hand) that does not use a teleprompter.

commented: no shit. what's up with the broken record? it doesnt even make sense. +0

>>the president doesn't have to be smart, he just has to look good on television and be able to follow the instructions of his teleprompter.

well there's the dumbest comment i've heard in this forum in quite a while.

What's wrong with your ability to engage in critical thought processes? do you have some sort of cognitive impairment?

i don't have to be an obama fanboy to recognize that every single modern president has used a teleprompter, ever since teleprompters have been available.

some presidents, like Reagan, used the teleprompter very well. he was a gifted public speaker and a master of media. Obama is also adept, though his training is from being a lawyer and not from acting.

GWB, on the other hand, looked like a deer caught in the headlights no matter how much teleprompting you gave him. some people aren't cut out for public speaking.

what's the most ironic, is these teabagging commentators and politicians who ragged on Obama for using a teleprompter, are themselves using teleprompters.

go figure.

The problem is that Obama can't think for himself.
Most people use the TP as an aid in case they loose their line, Obama is clueless without it.
Change the text on the TP and he drones something else, turn it off and he's lost for words.

You sure take the cake!
Looks like the only person that can't think for himself/herself is jwentig. :)
Always mouthing off the con party line.

>> The problem is that Obama can't think for himself. Most people use the TP as an aid in case they loose their line, Obama is clueless without it.

Good god man, pull yourself together. you're increasingly sounding like some old man who just shit his pants.

and by the way, you should learn to spell before you accuse a Harvard-trained lawyer and former Univ. of Chicago lecturer in U.S. Constitutional Law of being unable to think for himself.

For example:

"Duckman, let your tie loose; it's cutting off circulation to your head."

"Yes, I believe Duckman is going to lose his marbles."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.