Damn liberals. :D

yah, Condi for President! :P

yah, Condi for President! :P

She can dance and play the piano. Not all at the same time though.

Forum rules dictate to keep it pleasant, Dave!

Like it or not Ezzaral, most people couldn't care less about a guy's (or gal's) colour of skin as long as (s)he makes the right sounds and moves.
Of course that statement excludes John Edwards and Shrillary Clintoon which are not humans at all.
Shrillary should also be excluded on the ground that it's already served 2 terms as president, using its husband Billy "suck it hard, Monica" Clintoon as its cover.

I find your comments and misspelling disgusting and childish at best. Forum rules tell you too to keep it pleasant! Ask Dani.

I find your comments and misspelling disgusting and childish at best. Forum rules tell you too to keep it pleasant! Ask Dani.

Strange isn't it how leftists find calling Shrillary Shrillary offensive, disgusting even, but when they call President Bush "Dubya" or worse they think that's hillarious and quite normal.

Stranger still how noone complains when they do that, right thinking people instead shrugging it off.

Strange isn't it how leftists find calling Shrillary Shrillary offensive, disgusting even, but when they call President Bush "Dubya" or worse they think that's hillarious and quite normal.

Stranger still how noone complains when they do that, right thinking people instead shrugging it off.

You still keep calling folks that disagree with you leftists. I told you that before, I am by no means a leftist, and I don't think Sneekula is either, so cut it out! That is a direct insult! You are supposed to be Moderator, so act like one or quit!

... they call President Bush "Dubya" ...

Dubya is simply Texas slang for W, but than how would you know, since you are from the Netherlands. Yeah, I am from Lichtenstein.

Forum rules dictate to keep it pleasant, Dave!

Are you after "pleasant" or antiseptic?

... possibly to stir up another hornets nest. No hornets Dave, just the same stale old rightwinger statements.

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9840073-7.html?tag=nefd.lede She makes a good point (I've only r4ead the title). I really haven't been following the American election at all. What are they all planning? "Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others?"

So, the title ("Clinton: Time to digitize all American medial records") immediately reinforced my poor opinion of the her platform. And yes, it does sound like they're playing to every little niche because, in reality, they are. That's how they maximize votes.

The reason this article title caused my impression of her platform to worsen is that it is still simply unrealistic. Yes, it would be quite beneficial for all of the records to be electronic - but only to the point where it becomes costly. How would it become costly? Well, aside from any facilities that don't have the facilities already in place, there's the issue of keeping track of the data. The UK has had problems with this in the past; the idea that my personal files are so easily compromised really freaks me out. As Clinton points out:

"We go online to buy things from Mongolia, we go online to do our banking, but we can't go online in a secure, encrypted, confidential way to get access to our medical records," she lamented.

Which is true, but it's not the same. We get to choose whether to buy stuff on line. At that point, we choose what information we give to the other company. Presumably, that small bit of data has only a little bit of sensitive information and is not meant to be retrieved. The health records, on the other hand, are meant to be retrieved by medical facilities or, judging from how she put it, from patients themselves. With the state of the Internet these days, the whole idea is just plain silly.

Most governments keep tab of their underlings already in secret, why not make it official and be honest about it!

I agree with the Republicans, no (new or old) taxes, borrow the money and let the damn kids pay for it. Also, lower the value of the Dollar to screw the folks that gave you the loan.

Most governments keep tab of their underlings already in secret, why not make it official and be honest about it!

Because I don't want my information that accessable. I don't want my parents to have online access to their records either. With the rising sophistication of phishing attacks and other methods of stealing data over the Internet, it's just plain dumb to put such sensitive personal information, especially for the entire country, on the publicly accessible Internet.

So I just watched part of the debates in NH (which is the first I've really paid any attention to the race), and I must say, I was surprised. I didn't see all of it (obviously, as it's still going on, but I don't care as much about the democrat candidates), but what little I did see was rather enlightening. As I mentioned before, I voted in this poll for Ron Paul, but after seeing him in action tonight, I was rather disappointed. If I could, I'd change my vote to either Guliani or Huckabee, as I thought they addressed the issues best. As for the Democrat candidates, if they weren't using the word "change" in every sentence, I might be able to figure out if they're saying anything of value or not...

So I just watched part of the debates in NH (which is the first I've really paid any attention to the race), and I must say, I was surprised. I didn't see all of it (obviously, as it's still going on, but I don't care as much about the democrat candidates), but what little I did see was rather enlightening. As I mentioned before, I voted in this poll for Ron Paul, but after seeing him in action tonight, I was rather disappointed. If I could, I'd change my vote to either Guliani or Huckabee, as I thought they addressed the issues best. As for the Democrat candidates, if they weren't using the word "change" in every sentence, I might be able to figure out if they're saying anything of value or not...

I was disappointed in the presentation of ideas at points. But focusing on the ideas gives different measure.

Are you after "pleasant" or antiseptic?

in his world view, "pleasant" means "politically correct and positive of the far left" it seems. That's as far from antiseptic as it comes, it's extremely dirty :P
It's also of course far from pleasant.
It's the same line of thinking as the Soviet definition of the word "peace" which in their view meant "communist world domination". Which surprisingly is similar to the definition of "peace" according to fundamentalist Islam which have it mean "Muslim world domination".

in his world view, "pleasant" means "politically correct and positive of the far left" it seems. That's as far from antiseptic as it comes, it's extremely dirty :P
It's also of course far from pleasant.
It's the same line of thinking as the Soviet definition of the word "peace" which in their view meant "communist world domination". Which surprisingly is similar to the definition of "peace" according to fundamentalist Islam which have it mean "Muslim world domination".

You sound like many of my relatives, who are or were mostly officers in the military.

Call me young and foolish, but I really like Barack Obama, even though he is called a baby murderer because of his stance on abortion. Wonder if this country will ever get past single silly issues.

Rudy cheated on his wife, so what!
McCain dumped his first wife and married a rich one, so what!
Romney is not a true Christian, so what!

Reagon also dumped his first wife (or maybe his first wife dumped him, I don't know)

I guess I must be old and foolish then because I also like Obama. Why? One reason is because he is a black man who doesn't play the race card. He is probably the most intelligent person running this year, and makes some very Reagon-like fell-good speeches.

I think Hillary blew it last night when she played the sex card by declaring she would be the first woman president. I have never ever heard Obama make a similar claim.

I think (and hope/pray/etc...) that Hillary's campaign is going downhill. I only saw the first little bit of the Democrat debates last night, but they were already poking hard at her and she wasn't keeping very cool. I missed the part AD is referring to, but it doesn't surprise me at all. And I agree that Obama's lack of reliance on the race issue is something to be lauded.

Of the little bit I saw, Obama did impress me the most. Richardson was a self-promoting joke, and the other two were spouting the word change with very actual platform behind it. As one of the Republican candidates mentioned, "change can be for the good, or it can be for the bad." The Democrats can say they're going to change the country all they want, but they better spell out how they intend to do that. Obama seemed the most willing to put down some details. Again, that's just what I saw in a short clip.

I think the greatest of the US presidents were not the wartime presidents but those who made us feel good about ourselves. When we like ourselves the country goes well and so does most of the rest of the world. Ronald Reagon was ranked by scholors as the 6th best president. yet I don't think (could be wrong though) that he did not order even one bomb to be dropped anywhere in the world. And despite what everyting thinks Bush Jr isn't anywhere close to the worst president -- 19 out of 40 isn't too bad. Why Bill Clinton is ranked 22 I don't know -- I would have though he would be ranked better than that.

Those who believe that history runs in cycles will be interested to note that the three great presidents took office at 72-year intervals--Washington in 1789, Lincoln in 1861 and FDR in 1933--and that this November it will have been exactly 72 years since the election of our last great president.

Ok, that does it. GWB will be declared one of the top three Greatest presidents. Can't argue with historical fact.

Raegan ordered the US invasion of Grenada and he sold weapons to iran (google the iran-contra scandal) and funded Nicaraguan rebels.

Bush is a russbish president. IMHO. Im amased how "the worlds only superpower" can have such poverty,crime and hate.

Bush is a russbish president. IMHO. Im amased how "the worlds only superpower" can have such poverty,crime and hate.

You can't blaim Bush for that -- its been among us since 1776 (and probably earlier). LBJ tried to eliminate proverty with all his Great Society programs -- and failed even though we are still paying for many of those programs.

LBJ = Johnson?

he wasnt a very good president right? didnt he want to send more men to vietnam or something?

LBJ = Johnson?

he wasnt a very good president right? didnt he want to send more men to vietnam or something?

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was probably his most important achievement, and a series of Great Socient bills were most costly. He refused to run for reelection because he was too busy with the Viet Nam war to campaign. There is a story that LBJ's chair in the president's meeting room was highter than everyone else's because he, as the president, was the most important person there and no one was to sit higher than he did.

The Great Society was a set of domestic programs proposed or enacted in the United States on the initiative of President Lyndon B. Johnson Two main goals of the Great Society social reforms were the elimination of poverty and racial injustice

cool.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.