Good day boys & girls. So which of the following you think is likely to happen sooner or later? And based on what you voted, why you think it may occur?

Recommended Answers

All 30 Replies

WW3 is happening, its the WoT ;)

The stock market is likely due to rising intrest rates, governmenty debt, personal debt and the subprime scandal

I predict a new cold war, either between russia (again) and the USA or russia and china or china and the USA

Things get hot in Pakistan, the islamists take over. The US is panic-stricken and attacks to neutralize the nuclear weapons. The islamists within the Pakistan army manage to get off a few nukes into India in desparation.

India retaliates with nukes, accidentally killing a score of US soldiers fighting there. Then all hell breaks loose.

the US wouldnt nuke anywhere near india - too close to china.

A big rock from outerspace will strike the earth and destroy all human life.

lol.. You forgot to mention Global warming in the poll.

#1 happens periodically.
#3 never went away since 1944.
#2 is quite possible. In fact given historical record of major wars (wars involving all or most of the largest global powers fighting each other) we're several decades overdue for it.

why are there some people think china and US may have a war ???
I really disagree with that

So all of this is going to happen this May? Who needs summer flicks? This is going to be fun!

commented: very funny observation +7

why are there some people think china and US may have a war ???
I really disagree with that

History shows that war between the major powers in any region (and in a global system like we have today that's the entire world) is pretty much inevitable.
The only question is what will trigger it, which historically can be pretty much anything.

yes

china and the usa are world biggest industries and miltary forces - war (cold or hot) at some point is inevitable

Sorry, I cannot vote any of them because I don't want any of them to happen.

As government keeps stealing more and more of the economy, the economy will crash. This will definitely happen if any of those promising national health care is elected.

national healthcare works

As government keeps stealing more and more of the economy, the economy will crash. This will definitely happen if any of those promising national health care is elected.

If you have a healthy workforce, then productivity goes up. It's productivity that drives this economy. You should have taken Economy 101.

national healthcare works

it works to bring population numbers down, increase taxes on the survivors, and guarantee decent incomes for bureaucrats working the system.

It does NOT work to provide healthcare of any quality to the people it's supposedly designed to provide such healthcare for.

Prime example is the NHS in the UK. Canada and many European countries have similar (though not as bad, because not as much centralised) systems in place which are also disaster zones.

When you hear you're on a 6 month waiting list for critical surgery without which you won't survive for more than a month or 2 you start to realise something's very wrong with the system.
That's pretty much what happened to my mom in 2002. She got lucky, someone in front of her on the list died and her doc pulled a lot of strings to get her moved up so she only had to wait a month in agonising pain, with a massive and rapidly growing tumour (it was thought, turned out to be harmless though no less painful) in her bowel, with a cathether directly into her bladder.

Or when you spend several hours on a gurney in the ER without anyone looking in on you after a heart attack because there's no room in the ICU and people are unable to find a hospital that will take you closer than an hour's drive away, as happened to my father.

Or spending a decade going from doctor to doctor before one makes the right diagnosis, as happened to my sister.

wosks fine for me in the UK

most UK people are afraid to go to a doctor, as the chances are better than even that you'll end up worse before than after...

I think that in a decade from now, high school textbooks are going to be referring to the War on Terror as WWIII.

If you have a healthy workforce, then productivity goes up. It's productivity that drives this economy. You should have taken Economy 101.

Define 'healthy', please.

The larger the tax bite is, the less there is for new investment...and, from what I understand, a smaller percentage of that will be actually used, as a large portion of that would also be subject to governmental confiscation/taxation. As a result, new products or services will most likely not be developed; the risk would likely be greater than the expected return would justify.

I think that in a decade from now, high school textbooks are going to be referring to the War on Terror as WWIII.

WWI was supposed to be the war that ends all wars. It was the beginning of the end for the UK. Are we now writing our own destiney with this War on Terrorism? Will we (or are we now) going down the tubes because of this undeclared war? At a cost of $1Billion/day it won't take long before we're bankrupt.

Define 'healthy', please.

The larger the tax bite is, the less there is for new investment...and, from what I understand, a smaller percentage of that will be actually used, as a large portion of that would also be subject to governmental confiscation/taxation. As a result, new products or services will most likely not be developed; the risk would likely be greater than the expected return would justify.

A mentally and physically healthy workforce comes to work on time and does a very good job.

The trouble with the just lowering taxes to turn on the economy is that much of the money gets invested overseas and doesn't help this country a bit. Now we have less taxes to spend on wars and improvements and still have no investements in the local economy.

I think you are right. As we gradually bomb every country on earth because we suspect a few terrorist there, the war will be world wide and therefore can be called WW3.

As to spending a billion Dollars per day on it, don't worry, we just charge it on the Bank of China credit card.

america could have a national health service if they didnt have the war on terror

I would have to say WW3 would be the most plausible choice, seeing as UN forces have been in the middle east for so long now. It could be described as a 'war', but i think the bigger war is the war on terrorism as a whole throughout the globe. Which no one knows when it will end....

Which no one knows when it will end....

It can't end until those waging it decide to end it, as the definition of terrorism is subjective and malleable, rooted in ideology. Any violent act with which they disagree can be deemed "terrorism" and thus targeted. Violent actions which they find agreeable are given the nod of acceptable insurrection against evil tyranny and allowed to continue either explicitly through aid or implicitly by a lack of action.

I do hope so. But I fear they may instead refer to it as the Great Jihad.

Treating a terrorist as a mental case might be a solution, then we can write the whole "war on terror" thing off as a medical expense.

the US wouldnt nuke anywhere near india - too close to china.

In Snee's scenario the US will not nuke Pakistan, but Pakistan desperados will fire off some nuke tipped missiles into India before they are captured by US conventional forces. The destruction in India would be huge and India will retaliate massively.

In Snee's scenario the US will not nuke Pakistan, but Pakistan desperados will fire off some nuke tipped missiles into India before they are captured by US conventional forces. The destruction in India would be huge and India will retaliate massively.

Thanks, you are correct. Just that exchange alone would put US soldiers into harms way. On top of that China would face a large radioactive fall out. All hell breaks loose could be an understatement.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.