Ion propulsion systems under development at NASA accelerate slower than an average automobile, but can reach top speeds over half the speed of light on long trips.

Not only did Willy the Shake come up with coumpound nouns (like "bedroom" or "stovepipe"), he also coined the following terms: hush, puke, anchovy, bandit, manager, glow, alligator, mimic, useless, and jig (among many, many, others).

Some say that lots of these terms were actually in common usage at the time, however Shakespeare was just the first person to put them into print.

Could be...
This is a weird one...

The U.S. federal government has spent nearly 3 times more on Agent Orange litigation and medical payments to veterans than had been spent on the entire Vietnam War.

Some say that lots of these terms were actually in common usage at the time, however Shakespeare was just the first person to put them into print.

I am truly amassed; no one had ever put any of those words in print before Willy!!!
That is the most amassing fact in this thread!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I took a lie detector test this morning, no I didn't.

Bob

The U.S. federal government has spent nearly 3 times more on Agent Orange litigation and medical payments to veterans than had been spent on the entire Vietnam War.

That works out to about $399 billion going on the estimated cost of $133 billion for the Vietnam war. I don't think so!!!!
With 2,594,000 Actually served in-country 1964 - 1973 that is $153,816.50 each if every one got payment.

"Natural Gas" that is delivered to homes and businesses has 27 different additives that do not occur naturally.

The war between England and Zanzibar in 1896 was the shortest war ever.

The war between England and Zanzibar in 1896 was the shortest war ever.

How long was it?

How long was it?

37, 38 or 45 mins depends on where you get the info from.

The common snail crawls about 2.5 meters an hour.

Reminds me of another shoemaker cartoon -- a snail on a turtle's back shouting "wheeeeeee"!!

If the snail was driving an "s" car it would go a lot faster, you should see the "s car go".

If you say "elephant" over and over again, it invariably turns into "fintella".
Take a look at these fintsella:
Clicky!!!

The frog known as the Poison-Arrow has enough poison on his body to kill up to 2000 people.

The first commercially available television sets weighed over 700 pounds.

The base10 system of counting came about largely due to the fact that humans have 10 fingers and 10 toes

Daniel Boone detested coonskin caps.

Adolf Hitler's mother seriously considered having an abortion but was talked out of it by her doctor.

Hitler was a foot soldier in WW1, and suffered a decapitated shoulder for his troubles, which earned him a Medal of some sort. He also survived a riot in Munich, nine months in prison, and a bomb attempt (either it was placed under a different part of the table to where he was sat, or he didn't attend the meeting at all).

Guess after reading all that, it's not a wonder that his body was never found.

The entire life cycle of a cockroach lasts only 48 hours.

An octopus's testicles are in its head.

An octopus's testicles are in its head.

Whereas a guy's brains are in his testicles.

Adolf Hitler's mother seriously considered having an abortion but was talked out of it by her doctor.

In May 1913 Hitler left Vienna for Munich and, when war broke out in August 1914, he joined the Sixteenth Bavarian Infantry Regiment, serving as a despatch runner. Hitler proved an able, courageous soldier, receiving the Iron Cross (First Class) for bravery, but did not rise above the rank of Lance Corporal. Twice wounded, he was badly gassed four weeks before the end of the war and spent three months recuperating in a hospital in Pomerania.

The entire life cycle of a cockroach lasts only 48 hours.

A cockroach can live for well over 2 weeks without a head, not bad for only living 48 hours.....Check your facts!!!

I dont think so,
Adolf Hitler was born in Austria in 1889. His mother, Klara, had previously given birth to two boys and one girl, all of whom had died. I don't think this would lead Klara, his mother to consider having an abortion. In fact Hitler’s mother is supposed to have lavished affection on him

A cockroach can live for well over 2 weeks without a head, not bad for only living 48 hours.....Check your facts!!!

Yep the only reason a headless cockroach dies is cause he cant feed, the headless body in fact even retains a certain degree of learning ability !!!

Fruit flies have a much higher resistance to radiation than cockroaches.

I stand corrected, a cockroach can live up to 48 weeks.

In a recent survey of American office workers, the most joyful part of their day is the radio morning show on their drive into work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.