One day in 1936, the US state of Iowa (corn country) set a state record with a high temperature of 117 degrees Fahrenheit (47.3 degrees Celsius). Absolutely no one blamed it on global warming!

The average person can live 11 days without water.

The elephant is the only mammal that can't jump.

Walt Disney was afraid of mice.

The most common name in the world is Mohammed.

Toilet paper can tell you a lot about a country:

Every sheet of such paper on the German railroad has "Deutche Bundesbahn" stamped on it.

Government museums in Britain show "Official Government Property" on every sheet.

During the Viet Nam war the US Military issued camouflage toilet paper.

There are more than 40,000 characters in Chinese script.

Please supply a reference for your toilet paper posting. I was there in 71 and I did not receive cam toilet paper, nor can I find a reliable reference to it on the net.

The US military used ether to keep the eggs fresh (At their base camps) during the Vietnam war and it could be tasted clearly when they were eaten.

Please supply a reference for your toilet paper posting. I was there in 71 and I did not receive cam toilet paper, nor can I find a reliable reference to it on the net.

The reference is "Uncle John's Unstoppable Bathroom Reader, 16th Edition". According to it, the cam paper was issued to frontline scouts, because the Viet Cong had a habit to easily spot the white paper sticking out of the droppings. How is that for Yankee ingenuity!

The city with the most Rolls Royces per capita is Hong Kong.

Theobroma cacao, the tree from which seeds chocolate is made has the highest number of insect pests of any tree species.

The average chocolate bar contains at least 6 insect legs. Bon appétit!

The reference is "Uncle John's Unstoppable Bathroom Reader, 16th Edition". According to it, the cam paper was issued to frontline scouts, because the Viet Cong had a habit to easily spot the white paper sticking out of the droppings. How is that for Yankee ingenuity!

Uncle John's readers are a REALLY poor source for information, they mostly repeat Urban Legends as fact.

Theobroma cacao, the tree from which seeds chocolate is made has the highest number of insect pests of any tree species.

The average chocolate bar contains at least 6 insect legs. Bon appétit!

If only insect content were the only problem:
Because of the high capacity of cocoa bean shells to adsorb lead, contamination from leaded gasoline emissions may occur during the fermentation and sun-drying of unshelled beans at cocoa farms. This mechanism is supported by similarities in lead isotopic compositions of cocoa bean shells from the different farms (206Pb/207Pb = 1.1548-1.1581 ; 208Pb/207Pb = 2.4344-2.4394) with those of finished cocoa products (206Pb/207Pb = 1.1475-1.1977 ; 208Pb/207Pb = 2.4234-2.4673) . However, the much higher lead concentrations and larger variability in lead isotopic composition of finished cocoa products, which falls within the global range of industrial lead aerosols, indicate that most contamination occurs during shipping and/or processing of the cocoa beans and the manufacture of cocoa and chocolate products(1)

The earth's seawater contains 0.008 mg gold/cubicmeter. The total quantity of gold would be 11 billion tons.

The next time you step on a scale consider this:

The mass of Earth is 6370000000000000000000000 Kg.

The mass of the Sun 198000000000000000000000000000000 Kg.

Homo sapiens sapiens is the only mammal that does not sneeze through its nose.

Homo sapiens sapiens is the only mammal that does not sneeze through its nose.

Fact,.....A sneeze can blast out of your nose at a speed greater 100 mph.??????????

Every square inch of your body is populated by an about 32 million bacteria.

To search for Internet documents it is necessary to permanently contact each site and memorise its pages, a colossal task for the Google data bank, which is constantly renewed, allowing the users to search for key words. Google needs several weeks to troll the Internet and renew its data bank.

Regarded as the first virus to hit personal computers worldwide, "Elk Cloner" spread through Apple II floppy disks. The programme was authored by Rich Skrenta, a ninth-grade student then, who wanted to play a joke on his schoolmates.

Uncle John's readers are a REALLY poor source for information, they mostly repeat Urban Legends as fact.

I think it is much more reliable than the Internet. After all, Uncle John had to put his name to it! :)

Henry Ford produced the model T only in black because the black paint available at the time was the fastest to dry.

Regarded as the first virus to hit personal computers worldwide, "Elk Cloner" spread through Apple II floppy disks. The programme was authored by Rich Skrenta, a ninth-grade student then, who wanted to play a joke on his schoolmates.

Now that is real great information!

This is almost as good: :)
SCUBA divers cannot pass gas at depths of 33 feet or below.

Henry Ford produced the model T only in black because the black paint available at the time was the fastest to dry.

I believe that he told his customers "You can have a car in any color you want as long as it is black"

I believe that he told his customers "You can have a car in any color you want as long as it is black"

Must be true, I have seen t-shirts with that famous Henry Ford quote on it.

Talking about cars:
Almost a quarter of the land area of Los Angeles is taken up by automobiles.

Fact,.....A sneeze can blast out of your nose at a speed greater 100 mph.??????????

Possible, certainly very plausible. Because the reason we close our eyes when we sneeze is because if we didn't, our eyes could pop out!

Possible, certainly very plausible. Because the reason we close our eyes when we sneeze is because if we didn't, our eyes could pop out!

It's completely UNTRUE that we close our eyes to stop our eyeballs coming out. It's an old wives tail.

There actually isn't any medical reason why we do it, it's just a reflex the same as your leg jerking when you hit the right nerve.

There are a lot of people who CAN and DO sneeze with their eyes open, and nothing much happens.

So it's just a reflex action, nothing more.

When you sneeze, all bodily functions stop-- even your heart!

When you sneeze, all bodily functions stop-- even your heart!

Amazing! I wonder if SCUBA divers can sneeze under water?

Half the World's population has never used a telephone.

There are a lot of people who CAN and DO sneeze with their eyes open, and nothing much happens.

I would like to meet one.

There actually isn't any medical reason why we do it, it's just a reflex the same as your leg jerking when you hit the right nerve.

Then why doesn't everybody react the same way? Any human being I know who is unexpectedly pricked with a sharp pin will jump, and make some sort of noise. Why isn't this the same with sneezing.
And besides, isn't a sneeze the REACTION TO stimuli (allergens), NOT the stimuli itself, requiring a reaction (closing or not closing of eyes)?!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.