I would like to meet one.
Then why doesn't everybody react the same way? Any human being I know who is unexpectedly pricked with a sharp pin will jump, and make some sort of noise. Why isn't this the same with sneezing.
And besides, isn't a sneeze the REACTION TO stimuli (allergens), NOT the stimuli itself, requiring a reaction (closing or not closing of eyes)?!!

Have you ever watched Mythbusters? They tried to sneeze with their eyes opened and it worked. Hold your eyelids open the next time you sneeze, nothing will happen.

The human body contains 60,000 miles of blood vessels and 93,000 miles of nerves.

Why do you have to ask such a silly question? Why are men different to women? Thankfully we are not all the same and therefore react to stimuli differently; if we were all the same you would have not needed to ask this question as you would have known, we all would have known the answer, including you!
Reflexive sneezing induced by light, and sunlight in particular, is estimated to occur in 18 to 35 percent of the population and is known
as the photic sneeze reflex (PSR) or the ACHOO (autosomal dominant
compulsive helio-ophthalmic outbursts of sneezing) syndrome.

Why do you have to ask such a silly question? Why are men different to women? Thankfully we are not all the same and therefore react to stimuli differently; if we were all the same you would have not needed to ask this question as you would have known, we all would have known the answer, including you!
Reflexive sneezing induced by light, and sunlight in particular, is estimated to occur in 18 to 35 percent of the population and is known
as the photic sneeze reflex (PSR) or the ACHOO (autosomal dominant
compulsive helio-ophthalmic outbursts of sneezing) syndrome.

Because by asking silly questions you get to the lowest level of a tower of information. I love the low levels. And thank you for your response, because I really have learnt something new today. And jasimp, I WILL hold my eyes open next time I sneeze!

That is the mose honest. refreshing answer I have had to any question in a very long time, thank you.

A group of ravens is called a murder.

The ashes of the average cremated person weigh nine pounds

There are 10 human body parts that are only three letters long: Try to see if you can get them all beforw looking at the answer below!

eye, hip, arm, leg, ear, toe, jaw, rib, lip and gum. How many did you get? I got 8

They are the eye, hip, arm, leg, ear, toe, jaw, rib, lip and gum. How many did you get? I got 8.

you missed "ass"

The "save" icon on Microsoft Word shows a floppy disk, with the shutter on backwards.

The guy who came up with the idea of the red and green zigzag lines to indicate spelling and grammatical errors n MS Word is a big poker fan, and plays in World Tournaments.

That is the mose honest. refreshing answer I have had to any question in a very long time, thank you.

:) You're welcome mate.

A Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight. Just in case you are dying to know that, the 747 jet uses 4,000 gallons of fuel to take off.

The word GOLF entered into the English language from the sport's rules originally used in Scotland:
"Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden"

No wonder I hate golfing!

The first pick-up truck in the world was made by Gottlieb Daimler in 1886.

The "save" icon on Microsoft Word shows a floppy disk, with the shutter on backwards.

What is a floppy disk? LOL It has been so long since I have seen one I don't know if you are correct or not!!

An ant brain has about 250 000 brain cells. A human brain has 10 000 million so a colony of 40 000 ants has collectively the same size brain as a human.

Someone really smart better check the math on that.

An ant brain has about 250 000 brain cells. A human brain has 10 000 million so a colony of 40 000 ants has collectively the same size brain as a human.

Well, i checked it out for you:

print 250000 * 40000  # result --> 10000000000

Did you know that the bird with the largest wingspan is the Wandering Albatross Diomedea Exulans with wings covering around 10 feet (3.048 meter)?

That is a fantastic bit of information. The researchers could only say “about” 250,000 for an ant but had an exact number of 10,000,000,000 for a human.

An ant with only half the brain cells couldn't function, that does not hold true for humans.

You are so right, this site is a glowing example of that!!!

Florence Nightingale served only two years of her life as a nurse. She contracted fever during her service in the Crimean War, and spent the last 50 years of her life as an invalid.

The word GOLF entered into the English language from the sport's rules originally used in Scotland:
"Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden"

"The word Golf was first mentioned in writing in 1457 on a Scottish statute on forbidden games as gouf,[1] possibly derived from the Scots word goulf (variously spelled) meaning "to strike or cuff". This word may, in turn, be derived from the Dutch word kolf, meaning "bat," or "club," and the Dutch sport of the same name. It is often claimed that the word originated as an acronym for "gentlemen only, ladies forbidden", but this is strictly a false etymology"

On February 6, 1971 the first golf ball was hit on the moon by Mister Alan Shepard.

On February 6, 1971 the first golf ball was hit on the moon by Mister Alan Shepard.

I do not have back-up to prove it but I believe that he missed the ball on his first shot!!!!!

A little Chinese history:
The men who served as guards along the Great Wall of China often were born on the wall, grew up there, married there, died there, and were buried within it. Many of these guards never left the wall in their entire lives.

The fastest of all fish is the swordfish, streaming forward at speeds near 68 miles (110 km) per hour.

Twinkies have a shelf life of 100 years.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.