Arnold Schwarzenegger's famous line in The Terminator 'I'll be back' was originally scripted as 'I'll come back'.

The scene in Ghostbusters where Venkman sees Slimer for the first time and "drops his jaw", his cigarette sticks to his lower lip and dangles. This was a complete accident during filming, but turned out to be awesome anyway, so they kept it. That scene for me is one of the most memorable things I've ever seen in a movie, and it was never intended to be there!

The scene in Ghostbusters where Venkman sees Slimer for the first time and "drops his jaw", his cigarette sticks to his lower lip and dangles. This was a complete accident during filming, but turned out to be awesome anyway, so they kept it. That scene for me is one of the most memorable things I've ever seen in a movie, and it was never intended to be there!

Oh, gawd yes! I have had my ciggie stick to my lips in the cold and lost skin removing it.

There is not a day goes by, that someone, somewhere, doesn't cry - or laugh, or sigh. Need we ask why? Hi Geeks, I couldn't think of anything to say, so I just made that up - maybe it's silly.

In space, astronauts cannot cry, because there is no gravity and the tears can't flow the normal way.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

Strawberries contain more vitamin C than oranges.

Half of all North Americans live within 50 miles of their birthplace.

monday is the most popular day for suicide.

i will never think i hate mondays again...

In space, astronauts cannot cry, because there is no gravity and the tears can't flow the normal way.

I think you mean "in free fall, tears can't flow the normal way" as there is no place in space that has no gravity (sorry for the picking that nit - I know some of you were thinking it).

monday is the most popular day for suicide.

i will never think i hate mondays again...

I was hoping to find something interesting but "For recent years of the study, suicides occurred most frequently on Monday for both males and females and for most age groups. Variation by month followed no consistent pattern by gender, age, years of the study, or combinations of these factors. Contrary to popular belief, suicide occurrence did not vary by lunar phase."

So I dug a little deeper but only came up with Among males the most common day of death for drug-related poisoning deaths with a verdict of drug abuse/dependence was Saturday

Then I got side-tracked A new study suggests that converting a five-day work week into a four-day one would result in higher job satisfaction and lower levels of work-family conflict.

But I digress

Lemmings of northern Norway are one of the few vertebrates who reproduce so quickly that their population fluctuations are chaotic, rather than following linear growth.

Lemmings don't jump off the cliff willingly. The little beasts mass migrate and when they come to a cliff, the front ones get pushed over the edge by the ones in the rear. More or less a mob action.

Yeah! The whole 'suicide' thing was the result of one of those 'Disney-style' movies about animal behavior. It was completely setup and scripted.

The oldest animal on Earth was born in 1830 Her name is Harriet, she's a Galapagos land tortoise, woah.

The longest lived animal of all may be the quahog clam, which can live for over 400 years. (but they don't get around much after adulthood). This can only be discovered at their death so Harriet still holds the record.

Giant Sequoia can live 4000 years
Creosote bush 11,700 years

When the voters do not know any of the names on the ballot (like the local judge elections), the voters overwhelmingly vote for the guy named Johnson.

The volume of the our moon is the same as the volume of the Pacific Ocean.

The popular band 'the Police' was originally known as 'Strontium 90'.

The band Seether was originally known as Saron Gas , but were forced to change their name when they went international to prevent drumming up of bad memories.

A single copy of the New York Times contains more information than a person living in the 1800s was likely to come across in their entire lifetime.

The stock market is not rational - there is not hidden hand.

When a person first hears a statement, their brain initialises that statement to true first before evaluating against their own memories.
Thats why people are easy to manipulate when you put them on the spot.

I believe you.

Did you do your slightest bit of independent research on that?

Members of the Raelian sect believe the human soul dies when the body dies, believe in recreating individuals from their own genetic make-up.

Ben and Jerry's send the waste from making ice cream to local pig farmers to use as feed. Pigs love the stuff, except for one flavor: Mint Oreo.

According to a British medical report, the fungi that feed on old paper may be mildly hallucinogenic, and the "fungal hallucinogens" may cause an "enhancement of enlightenment" in readers. The source of creative inspiration for many great authors through history may have been a quick sniff of moldy books, causing them to get high.

There are 220,300 different seed plant species.

There is now an IBU - International Bitterness Unit for beer. Standard IPAs are around 45 to 55 - Arrogant Bastard is about 145+ EBUs.

There is now an IBU - International Bitterness Unit for beer. Standard IPAs are around 45 to 55 - Arrogant Bastard is about 145+ EBUs.

I drink to that! I like my beer with a higher IBU than old wash water Coors.

Have you drank something with an IBU of 100+?

I had "Monster Ale" and "Bigfoot Ale", those are barley wine style ales that have IBUs as hight as 90. Not for wimps!

A lot of common US beers range from 10 to 30 IBUs, because hops are expensive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.