off topic i know ,this will be my last off topic post

i don't even own a gun ,haven't hunted since about 1972,didn't need any more than a hunting licens then ,no i need to take a course/have gun registered ,ect ect ,wouldn't take much just don't bother
,Canada is not as safe as it once was ,but still not bad , drug dealer just got busted the other day with a AK-47 assult and 40lbs of marajuna ,2 lbs of coke ,20000 crazy pills ,ect ect,i live in rural area,on the isle of cape breton nova scotia , the population of the whold islast is only 130 thousand ,
http://www.capebretonpost.com/News/Local/2012-12-19/article-3144043/%26lsquoThe-public-should-be-quite-alarmed%26rsquo/1

i live in rural area,on the isle of cape breton nova scotia

We drove there on our honeymoon in 1982. Beautiful place.

yes it is rev, my wife and i go for aq drive every sunday ,and still haven't seen it all ,and i have lived here for the most part,[excpt for 2 yrs in the late 70 ,in alberta ] ever since i was born almost 60 yrs ago .

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

What a coincidence. I used to work for a pregnant goldfish.

Member Avatar for diafol

We used to (erroneously) swap the 'i' in twit for an 'a'. AFAIK, neither is a pregnant goldfish, but the latter may be a better term for some bosses. :)

The next "end of the world"

The “Prophet Gabriel” supposedly told the Sword of God Brotherhood that the “dying time” will come in 2017.

September 28th, 2020. George Madray predicted that on this date a Yom Kippur Parousia will take place in 2020 = End of the world.

The Year 4,500,000,000 AD is when the sun is predicted to burn up. The sun will swell into a red giant star.

The Air Force has spent more than $1 million to help develop a small and versatile robot dragonfly. But in a move to raise funds for the Dragonfly, the developers are offering the public the chance to own their own flying robot Dragonfly for $119. http://www.indiegogo.com/robotdragonfly

“This means you can do amazing aerial photography, spy on people, secure your house or use it as the next-gen gaming platform,” says Emanuel Jones, co-founder of TechJect, in a promotional video for the project on the Indiegogo website.

The average football player dies at the age of 57.

Being a surgeon/doctor is the highest paying career in America for 2012

Well by average people who are surgeon/doctors make more... what are the odds of your neighbor being a hedge fund manager who took a 3.8 billion dollar check... :)

I heard that the top 25 took in over 22 billion dollars...

The lowest paying jobs in the USA are amongst
food preparation and serving workers (including fast food)

The lowest paying degrees are English, History, and serivce working

According to the Forbes 2012 survey, the happiest job is that of a software quality assurance engineer.

Probably because they don't have to create anything. All they have to do is criticize the work of others. Sort of like film critics who seem to feel as if they are failing at their jobs if they don't have something negative to say.

But I'm not bitter.

I had to deal with the QA people at the office who had no idea how to do what my group did but still managed to form completely uneducated opinions about how we should be doing it.

According to the 2012 Gallup pole the five most popular women are:
Hillary Clinton
Michelle Obama
Oprah Winfrey
Condoleezza Rice
Sarah Palin

I guess girls in swimsuits don't make it.

Member Avatar for diafol

I bet some of them look quite nice in swimsuits :) Note I said 'some'.

Anyway, was that 'popular' or 'most admired'? And your use of 'pole', conjures up some really naughty thoughts.

You should have used poll rather pole... so i agree with Diafol :)

Obama is the most powerful man in the world, as of right now.

Member Avatar for diafol

Le président des États-Unis d'Amérique is always the most powerful man in the world. That's not always a comforting thought to us non-Americans though. :)

only because his **Big Red Button ** is bigger than everyone elses .lol

Member Avatar for diafol

Wait 'till the backlash against the Democrats after Obama's 2nd term. Then the world will have another prize imbecile. A birdbrain in the hand is worth 2 Bushes.

Gun-crazy, fundamentalist Christian, White Supremecist, Global Warming-denying, Creationist numbnuts. Can't wait.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

You know every year changes right?

only because his **Big Red Button ** is bigger than everyone elses .lol

I think I finally got your joke. You mean this button:

I'm hoping Obama grows a pair soon. With the GOP steadily morphing into the Monster Raving Looney Party and their base (older heterosexual white male Christians) shrinking daily, I expect the Republicans (as they are now) will have even less influence in four years (barring further electoral fraud). Has anyone noticed that all of the states that have "threatened" to secede are red states that get back more in federal aid than they pay in taxes? Seems kind of ironic considering the GOP is against entitlements (except for the rich and corporations).

Member Avatar for diafol

Had to look up GOP :)
Quick look at petition sigs to secede vs population:

Texas (100000 sigs vs population 26m), Louisiana, Florida, North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee (30000 sigs each, vs populations 4m - 18m). I reckon they'll need a few more somehow.

Ralph lauren's real name is Ralph Lifshitz

Spaghetti is the plural form of the word spaghetto, an Italian word which means "thin string" or "twine".

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I'm hoping Obama grows a pair soon. With the GOP steadily morphing into the Monster Raving Looney Party and their base (older heterosexual white male Christians) shrinking daily, I expect the Republicans (as they are now) will have even less influence in four years (barring further electoral fraud). Has anyone noticed that all of the states that have "threatened" to secede are red states that get back more in federal aid than they pay in taxes? Seems kind of ironic considering the GOP is against entitlements (except for the rich and corporations).

I mean 4 more years, that's the reality now. I can't or anyone can do anything about it.

Obama is the Prez as Romney is the Marriott.

Let see who will make more money the next 4 years.

@diafol - I realize the petition numbers are small (even if you include Chuck Norris) but it is interesting that they are all in financially have-not states.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.