Carrot juice is bad for your liver due to it's sugars. Doctors prefer you chew on it rather then drink.

The most heaviest speeding ticket ever issued was to a swedish man driving 47 MPH in a 31 MPH zone. He was charged over $100,000 USD

A cat was caught bringing equipment to a Brazilian prison to break the prisoners out. The police don't know who sent the cat because the cat will not speak.

The US federal budget with 8 zeros removed and applied to a household budget:
* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts so far: $38.50

A spider was named recently after Obama.

Astronomers have discovered the largest known structure in the universe, a clump of active galactic cores, a large quasar group (LQG), that stretches 4 billion light-years from end to end. It is held together by a superlarge black hole.

Eighteen red foxes are killed to make one fox-fur coat, 55 minks to make a mink coat.

In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, 67 House Republicans voted against a relief package to provide aid for storm victims whose houses were flooded, wind-whipped or burned to the ground.

Member Avatar for diafol

I can't claim to be up to date with the situation, but this strikes me as 'disgusting'. Of course money is tight and the national deficit must play a part with regard to how much aid is possible, but some things must take priority, surely?

But before they voted against the aid package, they voted against extending tax breaks for working Americans and voted to spend more money for lawyers to defend discrimination against gay people by lobbying for the Defense of Marriage Act.

people first began dying from diabetes in 1930s

Snake hunters are arriving in droves in Florida to take part in the “Python Challenge” (nothing to do with the computer language). For a $25 fee, serpent searchers can win a $1500 reward for catching the biggest number of the enormous Burmese pythons who are swarming the Florida Everglades and threaden the native wild life there.

4-5 million animals die in shelters each year.

Java (not the drink) is responsible for 50 percent of all cyberattacks last year, followed by Adobe software with 28 percent. Microsoft software is only 3 percent.

Oracle is considered to do a poor job with Java security issues.

@ZZucker, i have heard about the "Java security" news.

The world's tallest man was 8'11. (his name is robert wadlow and picture someone like him in the NBA, if he had no problems with his health... he will make Shaq and Yao Ming look tiny)

people first began dying from diabetes in 1930s

They probably died of diabetes before this but just couldn't identify the cause.

commented: probably, my numbers could be wrong +0

On this day in 1924 in Chicago the first all-white Dalmation was spotted.

The shortest person in the NBA currently is Nate Robinson – 5’9" and the shortest player ever was Tyrone “Muggsy” Bogues – 5’3”

In the early 1920s, a citizens' group proposed legislation requiring

• permits to carry concealed weapons
  • increased prison sentences for crimes involving guns
  • citizenship as a requirement to own a handgun
  • a waiting period between buying a gun and receiving it
  • gun dealers to provide police with details of all gun sales

That group was the National Rifle Association.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that all men are created equal, yet he owned slaves.

Same thing for Patrick (Give me liberty or give me death) Henry.

The most well known logo is the nike "swoosh" logo.

Because of the length of nerves from the brain to the extremities, the taller a person gets the slower he/she responds. The body's information highway is rather slow.

Manute bol was the tallest NBA player in history

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Are you Moonlight Graham?
No one's called me 'Moonlight' Graham in 50 years.
You can called me Doc.

The most prestegious university is Harvard

Member Avatar for LastMitch

The most prestegious university is MIT.

@LastMitch, that is quite debatable actually... many say Harvard, Stanford, Yale, MIT, Colombia, etc. These schools are best at developing their own things...

For example, Harvard creates leaders, Stanford creates companies, Yale is best in law, MIT is best in computers (it maybe math), Colombia produces the best Wallstreet people... so yeah, it is debatable if you just say, "MIT is the most prestigious"... but if you say MIT is best in this, i guess that won't be as debatable.

Harvard University has the highest Endownment

Harvard University is pretty.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.