Member Avatar for LastMitch

You're right, nothing has changed that reason why nothing has changed.

Global warming is a not really (really) issue yet but asteroid is just a scapegoat for Global warming

Or why not just blame the people for it...

The point is that you would expect a news anchor (unless it is a FOX anchor) to be smart enough to realize that global warming can not cause asteroid collisions.

Or why not just blame the people for it...

So noone is accepting the blame.

The point is that you would expect a news anchor (unless it is a FOX anchor) to be smart enough to realize that global warming can not cause asteroid collisions.

OK, I guess they don't have enough creative news to share.

That is true, but oddly enough i disrespect Fox news the most... for some strange reason...

Is it because Rupert Murdoch or Fox News Corp?

It seen it's not just both of you but other people too.

Did I miss something or a news that is really awful.

You didn't miss anything... just that fox news sucks, so stick with NBC news networks and CNN news networks.

Don't believe in Astrology because no sign is supreme than the rest.

All we should know right now about astrology is when are we going to get hit by one :)

You mean asteroid not astrology.

<off topic>

This is the reason why astrology is awful.

Here is a story about a fishy being left out:

There was a family gathering when Taurus's invited the Cappy and Virgo for dinner.

While at the gathering Cappy and Virgo saw the little Fishy.

Cappy ask the fishy to come here.

Then the Virgo ask the little Fishy

Do you notice that you are different from your parents and your little brother.

The Fishy said yes.

Then Cappy told the Fishy that there's reason why your little brother was born.

The Fishy look at her and said why?

Then the Virgo said well you were a mistake.

Your folks miscalculated you should have born as Taurus but was born a month early.

So they decide to have another kid which was born as Taurus.

So the little Fishy was so devastated he cry.

The End.

The moral of the story is never judge a person on by their number, by their astrology sign or whatever etc...

</off topic>

This is the reason why astrology is awful.
Here is a story about a fishy being left out:
There was a family gathering when Taurus's invited the Cappy and Virgo for dinner.
While at the gathering Cappy and Virgo saw the little Fishy.
Cappy ask the fishy to come here.
Then the Virgo ask the little Fishy
Do you notice that you are different from your parents and your little brother.
The Fishy said yes.
Then Cappy told the Fishy that there's reason why your little brother was born.
The Fishy look at her and said why?
Then the Virgo said well you were a mistake.
Your folks miscalculated you should have born as Taurus but was born a month early.
So they decide to have another kid which was born as Taurus.
So the little Fishy was so devastated he cry.
The End.
The moral of the story is never judge a person on by their number, by their astrology sign or whatever etc...

Good story with a good moral :)

Microsoft may have problems with its "new" Windows8 OS. Could it be a white elephant? Adoption numbers are much less then even the bloated Windows Vista OS. Most folks consider the tile based Metro interface ugly. Yes, you can switch to another interface, a lame recognition of the established user base.

Source:
http://www.zdnet.com/five-reasons-why-windows-8-has-failed-7000012104/

Can't believe Day Light Saving Time is tomorrow it used to 7 months then 5 months but now it's 8 months to 4 months.

I wish they'd just do away with daylight saving time. It was a royal pain in the a$$ before I retired.

I wish they'd just do away with daylight saving time. It was a royal pain in the a$$ before I retired.

Can they actually do that?

I meant in order for US to do away Day Light Saving Time the whole North America ( US, Canada & Mexico ) has to agree to change.

But I don't see that happening anytime soon

Member Avatar for diafol

I meant in order for US to do away Day Light Saving Time the whole North America ( US, Canada & Mexico ) has to agree to change.

Why? Any country can specify which timezone or timezones to adhere to and whether a zone or a even region within a zone follows a DST. Some US regions do not observe DST - Hawaii being one, I believe. Have a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

Canada could get rid of DST without having to ask permission from anybody else. Why would North America count as a single tied-in timezone anyway? The US has loads of different timezones (6?) doesn't it?

Any country can specify which timezone or timezones to adhere to and whether a zone or a even region within a zone follows a DST. Some US regions do not observe DST - Hawaii being one,

I think it was Bush or Obama & Canada & Mexico sign a treaty to extend the Day Light Saving Time.

Canada could get rid of DST without having to ask permission from anybody else.

I can't answer that one because I don't know

Why would North America count as a single tied-in timezone anyway?

I don't know

The US has loads of different timezones (6?) doesn't it?

It's 4 timezone

Bush did it unilaterally (like just about everything else). We (Canada) just went along with it. Parts of Arizona do not observe, as well as all of Saskatchewan. I built and maintained a database for analysis of the data acquired from (and for) our SCADA system. It contained hourly data, and making adjustments for insertion of data across time changes was a continuous headache. At one end, the software had to account for a missing hour, and at the other end we had to account for "second hour ending" values. What do you do with TWO values for every point for the same hour? What a nuisance.

Parts of Arizona do not observe, as well as all of Saskatchewan. I built and maintained a database for analysis of the data acquired from (and for) our SCADA system.

Yes you are right about parts of Arizona do not observe.

I built and maintained a database for analysis of the data acquired from (and for) our SCADA system. It contained hourly data, and making adjustments for insertion of data across time changes was a continuous headache. At one end, the software had to account for a missing hour, and at the other end we had to account for "second hour ending" values. What do you do with TWO values for every point for the same hour? What a nuisance.

Is it really that bad to INSERT a query to make sure the database have the same timestamp on the server as the rest. It seems like you done that every year.

Starbucks policy permits customers to carry loaded guns in its stores — even though they know that gun carriers put their employees and customers at risk. HOWEVER, to keep senior management safe, guns are banned at corporate headquarters.

1c1104fb003f10328fbd8fb6645a8d00 The spending on the "war on drugs" in the U.S. has risen from around half a billion annually in 1970 to around 20 billion in 2010. Total cost of the "war on drugs" as of 2010 is around 1.5 trillion dollars. The U.S. drug addiction rate since 1970 has remained relatively constant at around 1.5%. Net effect on addiction - zero.

commented: This has to be the most creative graph chart I seen so far! =) +0

I have a little problem ... Em. Semicolons, I never understood them.

A cockroach can live several weeks without its head.

commented: ...wow +0

The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card!

A forest fire travels faster uphill than downhill.

commented: that is obvious... +0

NML Cygni is the biggest star ever discovered (1,650 times the Sun's radius or 7.67 a.u). And they say that blackholes can weigh about 40 billion suns.

There used to be 9 planets in solar system but now only 7 I think.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.