If 1000000 people drink 1 softdrink(can of 330 ml) a day, they have a carbondioxide emission of 5 x 0,33 x 1000000 = 1650000 g = 1650 kg. Any carbonated drink(beer, sprankling water, champagne, softdrink...) contains about 5 grams CO2 / liter.

Face recognition software has even gone kinetic and can analyze the way a person moves. A fake mustache and eyebrows aren't much of a cover any longer.

If 1000000 people drink 1 softdrink(can of 330 ml) a day, they have a carbondioxide emission of 5 x 0,33 x 1000000 = 1650000 g = 1650 kg. Any carbonated drink(beer, sprankling water, champagne, softdrink...) contains about 5 grams CO2 / liter.

Which means that all of the inventory of so far unopened containers is helping with greenhouse gasses. I'm sure the bottling companies would use this if they thought they could get away with it.

@woooee: interesting point! How much softdrinks woud have to be bottled and stored, to reduce the CO2 footprint of cars and industry?

The oceans haven't turned into soda water yet, so there is an option.

my version of a sea water de sal(dont care enuf to look it up)n plant, is a big tube 50 feet across, sticks up 50 feet out of the water.
you just start pumping the air out, and as soon as the water gets about 32 feet above the surrounding ocean in the pipe, it boils and you pump out cold water vapour, which condenses immediately, cool fresh distilled water

pǝɹoq 'ɯɐ ı ǝɹoɟǝɹǝɥʇ 'ʞuıɥʇ ı
8-ɟʇn ɟo sǝıʇılıqıssod ǝɥʇ ǝuıɯɐxǝ oʇ ƃuıʇuɐʍ ɟlǝsʎɯ puıɟ ı
sʎɐp ǝsoɥʇ ɟo ǝuo sı ʎɐpoʇ

today is one of those days,
I find myself wanting to examine the possibilities of utf-8
I think, therefore I am, bored

my favorite utf character, Ƒ fhook, the bad words . . . , Oh Ƒ it
Is this the sign of NinJa NJ ?
no, this is, ninjas are sneaky nj

The average fuel cost for a standard US car is 20 cents/mile. Here are some costs for hybrids:

Toyota Prius c (7.2 cents/mile)
Ford Fusion Hybrid (7.6 cents/mile)
Ford C-MAX Hybrid (7.6 cents/mile)
Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid (8.0 cents/mile)
Lincoln MKZ Hybrid (8.0 cents per mile)

Of course, that does not include the large cost of the battery that needs to be replaced every few years.

Coca Cola was originally green.

The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven:
$16,400 (average in USA)

@vegaseat, I wish my 2 dogs cost $16,400... In Dana Point (where i live) and Newport Beach (where we are moving next year) or any area of orange county all dogs are expensive, and yet almost everyone has one... Our new puppy is going probably cost double that by the time he 11.... to give you an idea, the new puppy costed about $2200 from the store... not counting anything else...

Japan's national debt is now over one quadrillion yen.

I've had four dogs over the last 32 years and calculating using what I spend monthly on our current dog (including vet bills) I still get well under $5000 for 11 years. And our current dog is typical of the others. Of course, if you are using the US for those figures you have to include the rich snots like Paris Hilton who had built a 300 sq. ft, $325,000 dog house. I'd like to see more than the average cost. I'd like to see the distribution, the number of samples, etc. The average by itself is meaningless.

I have some neighbors who just spent over $5,000 for their dog's surgery. The dog has one massive tumor that comes back.

In 1894, Bayer developed a drug named diacetylmorphine. They claimed that it was as effective as morphine but without the nasty addictive side effects. In 1895 they began worldwide distribution of this new wonder drug under the brand name Heroin.

<edit>It was sold through the Sears catalog along with morphine and opium</edit>

In July of 2005 NASA crashed a probe into the surface of comet Tempel 1. By analyzing the debris kicked up by the impact it was determined that the comet contained both ice and organic material. In response to the experiment, Marina Bai, a Russian astrologer, filed a $300 million lawsuit claiming that NASA had "disrupted the natural balance of the universe" and had "infringed upon her spiritual and life values as well as the natural life of the cosmos." A Russian court approved the first step, however, her case was dismissed when physicist Vladimir Fortov showed that the net change to the cosmos was an approximately 10cm alteration in the orbit of the comet.

A mere 31,385 people – less than 0.01 percent of the nation’s population – contributed 28 percent of the country’s total political contributions.

I assume that these donors improved their wealth by an order of magnitude afterward. It pays to pay politicians.

North Dakota has the highest per capita beer consumption in the US, about 46 gallons per year.

The average cost of raising a child to the age of 18 is $241,000 in the USA.

The fluctuations are from $120,000 to $450,000. The prep school might be in the higher number.

The typical American household approaches age 65 with only about $120,000 in savings.

Glace Luxury Ice, a company in New York, is selling ice cubes "specifically designed for use in premium drinks and cocktails". A package of ten ice cubes will set you back $75.00. Still think the rich need those tax breaks?

Here is your chance Reverend, put an add in a New York paper and sell 10 premium glacial water ice cubes for a special price of $5,234!

The top 10 most stolen cars in the USA (year 2012):

1. Honda Accord, 58,596
  2. Honda Civic, 47,037
  3. Ford pickup (full size), 26,770
  4. Chevrolet pickup (full size), 23,745
  5. Toyota Camry, 16,251
  6. Dodge Caravan, 11,799
  7. Dodge pickup (full size), 11,755
  8. Acura Integra, 9,555
  9. Nissan Altima, 9,169
  10. Nissan Maxima, 6,947

According to the New York Times 150,000 computing jobs open up each year in the USA. However, fewer than 40,000 American grads earn bachelor’s degrees in computer science.

North Dakota has the highest per capita beer consumption in the US, about 46 gallons per year.

That's indeed a lot. But in Belgium we have the most kinds of beer, more than 800! Click Here

Nice to know thieves aren't interested in my KIA Sedona. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.