I was talking to a couple friends today about a really old game for NES. Zelda 2: Link. I still have this game for NES but I can't find my NES and its cords in my house (it's cluttered) but I heard you can download an emulator to play on a pc or something like that. (don't even know what one is) as long as it's true that you own the game already anyway, which is the case here. Anybody want to help me out with finding one. I tried but didn't have any luck. I'm using vista if that makes any difference.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

An emulator is a piece of software that gives your computer the capability to behave like another computer system (in this case the NES). Try this site; among other games, it offers a downloadable Zelda 2 ROM image for the NES, as well as a link to a freeware NES emulator:
http://www.iwn.fi/~timod/games_nesroms.htm

I downloaded the winzip, the bottom two files on the emulator screen and the game, but it isn't working. I just see a window open up with a black background and some white font on it but then it goes away immediately.

>I was talking to a couple friends today about a really old game for NES. Zelda 2
Hopefully the words you used included "I'm glad I can't play it", "crappy side scroller", and "embarrassment to the series". ;)

>Anybody want to help me out with finding one.
The last time I used an NES emulator it was NESticle (to play Zelda 1 and Final Fantasy). I'm not sure if there's been an update since then or if the software would work on Vista, but you can direct your research in that direction and find out.

Yeah, I tried nesticle and i don't think it works for vista. Either way it didn't work for me. I found one that did work but it's kinda crappy and it won't let me save the game. I've been searching but haven't come up with anything useful. (What do you mean by crappy side scroller?)

>What do you mean by crappy side scroller?
That game is the only one in the series that has a side perspective in the combat areas. It's awkward even for a side scroller (think Super Mario Bros.) and feels completely wrong for a Zelda game.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.