I am not a programmer, but have used them as a large part of my job. My first real computer was a HP data acquisition machine, and from that progressed through the many systems from Silicon Valley and other parts of US and world. This included a PDP8, PDP11/48, and many desktop units starting with home grown varieties upto my current Quad with Raid. My first portable was a Hyperion, which weighed about 40 lbs, and had a CRT display, my current laptop is a Sony.

I have a broad experience in scientific fields, with computers as an essential tool. Programming ranges from punched cards to Fortran .......and VB. On a personal level I work and exercise, sometimes I even get a full nights sleep. I am a marathon runner, hence RNR. I find running helps to concenrate and focus on problem solutions, but most importantly allows me to indulge in one of my favorite vices - ice cream.

Looking forward to being involved in 'danweb'

RNR

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Welcome Rnr! marathon runner! hmm.. cool !

Glad to have you with us!

Welcome Rnr! marathon runner! hmm.. cool !

Thanks for your welcome. There is a lot of similarity between coding and marathoning, such as keeping going when it seems impossible. As the Tee shirt from the last London marathon says " You see impossible I saw the finish line'. May you always reach the final line and show impossible is nothing.

Thanks, appreciate your welcome, RNR

Thanks for your welcome. There is a lot of similarity between coding and marathoning, such as keeping going when it seems impossible. As the Tee shirt from the last London marathon says " You see impossible I saw the finish line'. May you always reach the final line and show impossible is nothing.

:) exactly ! We need to have that 'don't give up' attitude to be successful !

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Hello RNR and Welcome to DaniWeb !

Hi and Welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.