today was the first day of school for me and it sucked. high school really sucks, but im almost done. was it anyone elses first day.

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

My first day was last Tuesday. I went from getting 14 hours of sleep a night to 5 or 6. Damn school.

what grade you going into i am in 10th

I just entered 10th grade.

cool you should keep posting here i only joined in may and i am almost the top techie pos without being a mod or a colleague

I like this place, so I'm sure I'll be here for a while.

Let me give you a little bit of advice. Enjoy school. I am 20 years old, and I graduated from the University of Florida with a BS in Finance because I thought life would be better if I just rushed through everything. It is not true now. I am too young to get into a good graduate program (or so I was told this by some professors) and I can't quite get a good job yet in this terrible economy forced upon us by George "Wrong" Bush.
Enjoy high school. Enjoy college. I have a BS in Finance, but I assemble electronic circuits in a factory because finance is a skill not in high demand right now. I am currently using my excess of free time to pursue learning C and to start hacking away at Linux. I hope to also become a certified network technician and/or a security expert.
I have a large knowledge of finance, enough that I have come up with ideas on my own that have only recently been published, much to my chagrin. I can use this knowledge, once I have a strong command of C to write some heavy programs, but it would be much easier if I was still in a learning environment, specifically a university like UF. But alas, I moved to Ohio, and the only institutions of learning close by are Kent State and the University of Akron. Being a non-student makes it hard for me to meet people my age now because the only way I have met people before is through my educational environment.
The point is this: don't fret about your time in education land. It is a good time, a productive time. You have much more access to educational and research tools, which in turn makes it easier to advance your ideas. When you get to college, you can also enjoy the fruits of crazy parties and insane football games (I might be biased when I say this because I went to UF **GO GATORS!** and they have an awesome football team, excellent parties, and gorgeous women.)

Brent "WolFGanG" Ritterbeck

back to schooolll....arghh so interesting....try meets some friends ....chickss

freekkkkkkkkkkk arss

Brent that sounds terrible maybe you should blame yourself for picking a stupid major like finance if you wanted to work with computers you should of taken computer science(programming languages) and computer engineering(hardware and stuff). next year my school offers a computer ap class i might take it but i dont know if it is programming like i want or something stupid like excel.

Finance is a good major, but it might be better if you got higher than a BS. One of my dad's degrees is a Masters in Finance and he's done extremely well.

I personally plan on getting doctorates in Philosophy, Political Science, Law, and Linguistics. I'll be in college for about 25 years, but the topics are interesting.

HEY! I have been in school for over 3 weeks now!

You say finance is a stupid degree, but my plan is to get a PhD in finance to go with my BS. I believe you are a very rude person; I was just trying to give a little bit of insight into these people still in high school. I like finance, that is why I chose finance. I like computers, but unfortunately, when you go to college, you have to choose something, and finance is what I chose. Maybe your family is rich. Maybe you can afford to spends years in school. I could not afford things had it not been for the full ride I got which stipulated what I could study because the scholarship was a finance scholarship.
For you to call it stupid shows your ignorance. It is an amazing feat to graduate from college at the age of 20 because that means I am 2 years ahead of the game.

commented: So very very true, that was a rude comment of him, but just mind his age, he's only in 10th grade, so his matturity level is probably squat --KT +1

been back in school for two weeks, (im a senior this year) and cant wait to get out, move to henderson (to be with my g/f) and start at ITT, as soon as i can start in life, the better.

mikeandike, that was a rude comment, and comments like that are not appreciated, what someone chooses to do in life compared to you is their choice. what you may think 'stupid' someone may find to be the best thing to do. so please keep immature comments such as that to yourself.

Brent im not rich and it would take me just as long to get a degree in computer science my friend takes at northeastern and he is already working at a company that develops software for medical testing he hasn't even graduated yet.

Finance is a great degree. My dad a finance degree and he makes $200,000+ a year. It also opens up options for many feilds and it looks great on all resumes. A finance degree and knowledge of a specific feild can get you a job in the finance feild of something like a computer company.

There are also great entry level positions in Finance and most of the low-end computer jobs have gone overseas (Thanks George W).

Computer science can also be self-taught for near free with enough effort, where as finance is usually a feild that needs a mentor/teacher.

Tuesday was my first day back :( I'm only going part time though, which means 3 hours a day on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Darn the work though ;)

Hey hey i didnt mean to be rude and there is no reason to try and bump my rep. i just wanted to ask who had to go back to school and then i just made one comment and someone had to bump my rep that is rude.

Heheh, school, my last day of high school was...hmm...over 25 years ago...wow, where DOES the time go? :o

Tuesday was my first day back :( I'm only going part time though, which means 3 hours a day on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Darn the work though ;)

Are you in computer science? If so, what level of degree?

Heheh, school, my last day of high school was...hmm...over 25 years ago...wow, where DOES the time go? :o

wow and i just thought u were some kid...well not a kid...but not 25 years out of school ;)

This thread is making me feel so *old* - hehe! :)

Regards,

Martyn

This thread is making me feel so *old* - hehe! :)

Regards,

Martyn

Sorry :lol:
I see you have a link to a UK website. Are you from the UK?

Wow movielad you have a sick job that is a lot of movies that you have worked on.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.