Good day boys & girls. There has been a lot of hype about the i-touch/i-phone. I was planning to buy the I-touch, but realized that 16GB may not be sufficient. So then i went looking around. I ended up with two choices(I've included the stats). So which would you choose?
I-TOUCH:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8500446&productCategoryId=abcat0201009&type=product&tab=2&id=1186004962200#productdetail

or

ARCHOS:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8653913&productCategoryId=abcat0201010&type=product&tab=2&id=1195599780649#productdetail

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

I would go the ipod touch over the archos. I bought an ipod touch the day after it hit shelves in Australia and i have had nothing but joy from it since then. Yes it may have a smaller cacity but its alot smaller then the archos and the software for managing files on it is alot easier to use.

In the middle (capacity wise): Zune2 80GB

</troll> :icon_twisted:

I've got a 2GB iPod Nano and it's enough.

2gb??? you've got self control...i've got several hundred songs, some of them are mixes....a few hours each.

2GB gives me some 24 hours of music on the thing.
That's more than enough time to reach a PC that has iTunes on it :)

I've got a 2GB iPod Nano and it's enough.

it's not enough?? wow, how many file you want to save in it...

Ha, I've got around 150 GB of music on my drive, so I'd need serious ipod storage to get it all...

Anyhow, thanks for this thread, I've been curious about buying the touch and this helps.

I have an iPod touch (jailbroken, of course).

It's my pride and joy. I absolutely love it.

As for storage, I doubt you should need to put your 150gb collection onto a device.

I remember I had a 4gb iPod Mini and I had to uncheck all the songs that I'd never listen to on the road.

16gb is just enough for me to have videos, photos, and music with a comfy 4gb left on it.

Both devices suck. Get a Zune :P

Down With Microsoftttt

=D

scru....why do you choose a zune?

he just wants to stir the pot, start an argument...

I'm leaning towards the ARCHOS

I got the iPod touch and I don't regret it one bit.

Well the iTouch is more exspensive as it's flash based where as the vast majority of Archos's product range is built around a HDD.

With Apple bringing out a 32GB touch you can fit a lot more on them now, but because it's solid state flash storage be ready to pay through your nose for it though - around £330 in most places.

One thing to take note of though, the Archos 605 wifi (both 40GB and 80GB) require a 'plug-in' only available from Archos to enable web browsing over a wlan connection which will set you back around £30.

The iTouch however doesn't have this problem, providing you have the latest version of iTunes, some choons to fill it, then you've got 8 - 16 or 32Gb of fun!

Hope this helps people,

Dazza :cool:

Apple came out with a new 32GB i-touch...shouldn't I just wait for the 60GB?...I'm pretty sure they'll do that...Good thing I didn't buy anything yet...i'll wait and see what apple does...the 32GB itouch is about 500USD.

Apple came out with a new 32GB i-touch...shouldn't I just wait for the 60GB?...I'm pretty sure they'll do that...Good thing I didn't buy anything yet...i'll wait and see what apple does...the 32GB itouch is about 500USD.

Good idea but you'll be paying heaps for it. I have a 16GB touch - but bought it just as they came out; kind of wishing I had known about the 32GB and I would have waited lol.

Dazza :cool:

Even 2GB on an iPod is sufficient for storing 24 hours of continuous music.
So on a 60GB one you could store a month worth of music, far more than the battery lasts...

So why waste money on the bigger versions, buy the cheapest one you can get and spend the leftover money on accessoiries like a carrying case, better headphones, maybe some external speakers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.