hey guys ...
i was wondering shouldn't we awarded some kind of privileges as we move up the rank?.. for example when a light poster becomes a junior poster(like me :), n i'm so proud if myself) say he can be given the privilege of getting one query answered by a PM by one of the Mods or access to some mailing group, anything.. wouldn't that motivate me more to keep trying?? though believe me the title itself makes me so damn happy but was just wondering ..

what do u guys think??

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

>>the privilege of getting one query answered by a PM by one of the Mods
Most of us work here volunteerly, meaning without pay. If you want to get answers via PM I'm sure there are paid sites where you could ask them. Shoot, deposit $200.00 USD in my pay pal account and I'll answer one question via PM.

Other privilege is getting those gold stars under your user name and the little green things called reputation points. You are awarded a gold star for every 1,000 posts.

Donations come with priviledges, see the link for a list of them.

well i just meant some non monetary ones... n its nothing to get so worked up about.. just a casual thought .. i thought this was a place to discuss such things ...

I'm not upset about your question -- something like that comes up every once in awhile, and I just remind people that the mods here are not paid, we do it because we want to.

i understand that... n i'm not even looking for money at all .. n would myself keep doing this coz its so much learning for myself too .. i was just trying to bring out suggestions from ppl bout things they think would make it more fun... even if they r not implemented its ok ... just some creative brainstorming :)

With creative brainstorming sometime comes the feeling of accomplishment, reward enough for me. AD just makes sure that we are allowed some creativity, right?

>what do u guys think??
How about this? If you exceed 500 posts (Coffee House doesn't count), 50 solved threads, and maintain at least 4 green rep blocks, I'll give you one "get out of jail free" card. That means if you somehow accumulate enough infractions to be automatically banned, I'll reverse enough of them to unban you one time.

sounds good .... or how bout 'a junior poster in training' actually gets access to some training material from the site.. or he's assigned an expert as a buddy who he can go to once in a while for help :)

what do you mean by 'training material'? An expert buddy....the experts are everybody's buddy you can go to anytime...

>what do u guys think??
How about this? If you exceed 500 posts (Coffee House doesn't count), 50 solved threads, and maintain at least 4 green rep blocks, I'll give you one "get out of jail free" card. That means if you somehow accumulate enough infractions to be automatically banned, I'll reverse enough of them to unban you one time.

The conforming posters that maintain 4 rep dots never get into a situation where they could even use the "get out of jail free" card. How about a certificate of "Conforming Poster of the Moment" written on nice sturdy paper.

>The conforming posters that maintain 4 rep dots never get into a
>situation where they could even use the "get out of jail free" card.
That's why I designed the offer the way I did, what's your point? :)

Thank you Sir, I make it a habit not to have a point.

Narue isn't a sir

Narue isn't a sir

I think she used Sir because she wanted to be polite. What is wrong with him that he isn't to be called a Sir? :) just kidding!

In the USMC she would be. Of the kind of "yes sir, mam, sir" :)

sounds good .... or how bout 'a junior poster in training' actually gets access to some training material from the site.. or he's assigned an expert as a buddy who he can go to once in a while for help :)

The site is the training material. And since the experts here are just volunteering time to help answer questions, I don't see as to how they could be "assigned" to anyone. Help is already given if they wish to help - to new posters or veterans alike.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.