Microsoft want to acquire yahoo for $45 billion. MS's this step is considered as a step to control the webworld or to defeat Google. What's ur opinion ? Do you think yahoo should say yes or no? Do you think it will affect Google, how badly ?

Recommended Answers

All 63 Replies

You serious? Yahoo has been sucking the last few years. Yahoo should take the money and run... and I guarantee that's what they'll do..

And yeah, of course Microsoft wants dominance on the web.. However, they wont have long.. Once the dems take control of all three branches of government, Microsoft and many other companies will be broken up as a monopoly :P

Ahh.. the good 'ole trust-busting dems.. always contributing to recession..

If this deal goes through, it wont happen until the second quarter of this year, and remember, Microsoft and Yahoo have had these talks before.

Yes, there will be a dominance, the Mobile/Cell phone market for example. If this merger goes ahead, the tools and technology is already in place, Microsoft will deploy this way before Google.

Yahoo's business side take over 40 Billion a year, in 3 years, Microsoft will have all their money back, plus a mega profit, and that's just the Business side. You do the math.

It may finally do something about the increasing dominance of Google over all aspects of the internet...

At the moment neither Microsoft nor Yahoo has the power to challenge Google when it comes to online services (except possibly email), this deal should level the playing field in at least some areas.

At the moment neither Microsoft nor Yahoo has the power to challenge Google when it comes to online services (except possibly email)

I personally think Google's email is much better than Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail for the main reason that it is quick to load, and is easy to navigate around. Granted, I think they've ruined the contacts section after they added some sort of control into it, it was much better before they started messing with that.

Hotmail is slow and clunky and Yahoo! (whilst a fair bit quicker in my experience), is just too confusing with the tabs for email etc. I welcome this move by Microsoft though, perhaps Hotmail will improve as a result?

i heard the microsoft want to buy google aswell.humm..i doubt it
and personally, i think hotmail is better than gmail

Google is inherently evil. I hope this deal kills them. But alas, it won't.

Why are Google evil?

>>Google is inherently evil.

whyyyyyyyyy ???
i think its a good company at least u dont have to pay for its services( in general).
did u heard about google books project ??

>>i heard the microsoft want to buy google aswell.

never

>>At the moment neither Microsoft nor Yahoo has the power to challenge Google when it comes to online services

yep :)

>>.....online services (except possibly email),
i think gmail is better then yahoo mail except it doesnot provide Folder feature like yahoo mail. But its POP and forwarding feature is greaaatttttt which is paid in yahoo.

Google rocks! Of course, they are trying to index every possible piece of data in the entire world in hopes of an international coup.. but hell, gotta love 'em! :)

You serious? Yahoo has been sucking the last few years. Yahoo should take the money and run... and I guarantee that's what they'll do..

And yeah, of course Microsoft wants dominance on the web.. However, they wont have long.. Once the dems take control of all three branches of government, Microsoft and many other companies will be broken up as a monopoly :P

Ahh.. the good 'ole trust-busting dems.. always contributing to recession..

Is there ever anything positive that comes up in your mind? I feel sorry for you!

Nope.... Yahoo won't to deal with Microsoft.

Is there ever anything positive that comes up in your mind? I feel sorry for you!

Hey, the truth hurts.. don't shoot the messenger!

Nope.... Yahoo won't to deal with Microsoft.

How can u say...........

Google said so...

commented: wonderful humour +2

Two stocks that underperform getting together. The result will be additive not multiplicative.

Google said so...

Hey JW, wonderful humour there!

Google said so...

A beautiful come back! You are showing the witty side of yourself there JW.

I have friends that work at MS, and they claim that they already have a great search engine in house. Looks like Yahoo might just be market share.

Expanded audience? Email infrastructure? Market share? Who knows. One thing is for sure, Microsoft make very few poor business decisions.

AFTER Microsoft aquire Yahoo, it will be all about the benjamins, both companies have stock for leff that 30. and going down althoug google feel to a meager 1.39 point, still they dont compare to 495,,,,,,,,we all can add right,,,,now imaginf when this giant take over yahoo, and the market share that both have,,,,,,,,its simular to Cingular and AT&T,,,,,it's all about who got the bigger portion of the market and that the bottom line,,,,, the money.....now imagine when they revamp the whole WWW and latch on to google ADsense.......not to mention the mobile market that microsoft command,,,,

AFTER Microsoft aquire Yahoo, it will be all about the benjamins, both companies have stock for leff that 30. and going down althoug google feel to a meager 1.39 point, still they dont compare to 495,,,,,,,,we all can add right,,,,now imaginf when this giant take over yahoo, and the market share that both have,,,,,,,,its simular to Cingular and AT&T,,,,,it's all about who got the bigger portion of the market and that the bottom line,,,,, the money.....now imagine when they revamp the whole WWW and latch on to google ADsense.......not to mention the mobile market that microsoft command,,,,

nice.........now can u explain...

Google stock are highly overprices , it should fall under $50, if yahoo and msn deal goes though.

haha.. BS

Google stock are highly overprices , it should fall under $50, if yahoo and msn deal goes though.

If the stock market would only be that easy.

If the stock market would only be that easy.

You call that easy? I still can't see the logic behind his post!

You call that easy? I still can't see the logic behind his post!

Well, it's a market. Some other stall offers cheaper goods, people will buy there. That's about all the logic there is.

Well, it's a market. Some other stall offers cheaper goods, people will buy there. That's about all the logic there is.

Not totally true, in this market you most often have to sell something first before you can buy.

Wow.. I think that post proves that you are a young, naive fool.

Wow.. I think that post proves that you are a young, naive fool.

Mon dieu, if Lardmeister is one fool than what are you? How low can you go?

commented: The french are a bunch of pussies -2
commented: -_- nevermind him .. +5
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.