Hi all!

I'm Amanda.

I just found this awesome community this morning and am as giddy as a school girl over all the great information here! I've learned quite a lot in just the few hours I've been signed up.

I never know what to say in these things so bear with me. I tend to get a little ramble-y sometimes and will probably write more than I should.

I'm a 27 year old married college student attending a small state school in NW PA, USA studying physics and computer science. .

My first love is and always will be physics, but I am happy to say that I've recently acquired a growing crush on the wonderful world of computer science, namely programming in C++. I'm a little more advanced than a total newbie, but that only means that there's so much more to learn. I'm ultimately interested in computational physics and can't wait 'till I have the tools to begin programming physics.

In my free time (which seems to be getting sparse these days), I enjoy video games: mostly RPGs and strategy RPG's, (Dragon Warrior/Quest series!) music: industrial, alt metal, prog metal, 90's alternative, and some of today's alternative. My favorite band is Tool. I really enjoy going to concerts as much as I can, which isn't nearly as much as I'd like.

I guess that's it. If you haven't had enough of Amanda, send me a message, and I'm sure I'll toss you a good ramble. Thanks for making it all the way through my little post--it did turn out a little wordy.

I hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Welcome to daniweb spyrilautte:)

Welcome to Daniweb Amanda!

Hello and Welcome to Daniweb

Glad that you could join us!

welcome

I'm not sure if it's in bad taste to reply to your own newbie thread, but I just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcoms!

no problem

i have marked this as solved :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.