One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.
- Elbert Hubbard

No one bathes two times in the same river.

Smooth seas do not make for a skillful sailor.
African Proverb

"What goes around, comes around"

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

i love this quote from steve martin:

the greatest thing you can do is surprise yourself....

Not exactly a quote, but the first announcement that Microsoft was trying to buy Yahoo for 30+ billion, was followed here in SoCal by the story that Exxon-Mobil reported a profit for the year of 40+ billion. I hope it was intentional.

Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein

my favorite quote is:

"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed."

- Adolf Hitler

Here's one that caught my eye 1 day...

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
Confucius

The road to success is always under construction.
(Jewish Proverb)

my favorite quote is:

"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed."

- Adolf Hitler

Here I though that Dick and Bush invented that one!

Lardmeister.....

I quite like your signature as a quote!!!!! Otherwise I will have to go with Will Ferrel in his comedy, Anchorman;

"I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you."

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
-- Albert Einstein(born 03/14/1879)

Here I though that Dick and Bush invented that one!

Considering Bush's grandfather was deeply involved in financing Hitler's rise to power I guess Geroge W. is just following in the family tradition.

Considering Bush's grandfather was deeply involved in financing Hitler's rise to power I guess Geroge W. is just following in the family tradition.

:-O Interesting...

I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
-- George Carlin

Life just is. You have to flow with it.
Give yourself to the moment.
Let it happen.

-- Jerry Brown

They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.
~~ Clint Eastwood

commented: I believe you've already posted your favorite quote in this thread. -1

I don't need a lawyer to tell me what I cannot do. I hire him to tell me how to do what I want to do.
-- J. P. Morgan

"Es mejor morir de pie que vivir un siglo de rodillas" -Emiliano Zapata

Translated it means: It is better to die on your feet than to live a century on your knees.

There is just one thing I can promise you about the outer-space program - your tax-dollar will go further.
-- Wernher von Braun

It's not the wound that shapes our lives, it's the
choice we make as adults between embracing
our wounds or raging against them.

-- Unknown

"I am always doing things I can't do - thats how I get to do them"- Pablo Picasso

"I will either find a way or I'll make one"

Semper ubi sub ubi
The motto at a club where I hung out as a youth - "Always wear under ware" (only roughly); the place was called Grandma's and was where all the acid-heads hung out in Billings Montana, in the '70s

If fate doesn't make you laugh, then you just don't get the joke.

-"shantaram" by gregory david roberts

Make a copy of everything before getting rid of it.
-- Samuel Goldwyn

If it doesn't fit, force it;
if it breaks, you needed a new one anyway.

Don't follow your dreams, lead them.

I dont have the exact quote, but it goes a little something like this

There are two things infinite in existence,
the universe and human stupidity.

Albert Einstein

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.