Hy everyone,
I'm so glad (let's even say enthusiast) for having found such a huge community of passionate people, showing in real time the power of social networking and web dynamics!

My name is Stefano and I'm Italian. I became a geek (now upgrading to nerd-novice) around twelve years ago, since I've always been a passionate of digital SFX. Today I work as a product-graphic-web designer and digital content creator (all of these? Yes, but not that much...). I won't bother you further with my professional specs, since you can see my profile on LinkedIn

Since five years I've been working and researching on sustainable development and that has become a kind of mission, to me. And I'm very deeply involved into it. In the last two years I'm working, specificly, on "informatic sustainable development", in search for solutions and ideas to design a sustainable PC and to figure out a "green" scenario for IT development. I created a blog on this topic, which is <snipped>

I would like to start (follow?) some thread on sustainable IT, even if I've no idea whether it could be interesting to this community or not. In any case I would like to receive suggestions about where posting threads (which is the most appropriate section, I mean) about these topics. This place is so big, and I hate being inopportune or messy, writing wrong words in the wrong place... :)

Because I'm a designer, I've always been an "interface animal" and I always worked with computers through GUI. By the time, I got more and more involved in the whole IT field, both on hw and sw sides. Of course, my knowledge is quite superficial (yet) but I'm very intersted in following high-end discussions.

Thank you all for reading this, for being so many, for your passion and for all to come...

s

p.s.
sorry for my very very bad English

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Hi Stefano, welcome to DaniWeb.

Hi Stefano, Welcome to Daniweb Friend :)

Welcome stefano, but is it career sustainable, I guess we all have to change our career in coming 5 years.

Hi happygeek,
I saw the address I put as a reference was <snipped>.
I read the rules and I saw it might appear as spamming.
I didn't mean to do that, the link was to let a deepening of my work's contents.
Should I write the address, without hyperlink?
Shoud I just say "click on my name to see my blog on green IT"?
Is there any best practice I should follow?
Again, sorry for unintentional spamming.
S

Hi ithelp,
I told my English is weak, then I'm not sure I got you question. I'll try to answer, anyway.

If by "career" you meant "job opportunity": my research is aimed to conceive a scenario where jobs and markets will be redefined, but still feasible.

If you meant to ask whether the research is "time-consistent": time-feasibility is a key-topic of my work. Right now, I'm deisigning a concept for a low-impact pc (though not sustainable, yet) for a next future (around 5 years). In addition, I'm researching to figure out a wider scenario, which involves deeper changings in high-tech industry. This concept is for a later future (within 15-20 years); it would be less feasible by now, though it is fundamental to remind the "direction" towards actual sustainability.

Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to Daniweb :)

Hi happygeek,
I saw the address I put as a reference was <snipped>.
I read the rules and I saw it might appear as spamming.
I didn't mean to do that, the link was to let a deepening of my work's contents.
Should I write the address, without hyperlink?
Shoud I just say "click on my name to see my blog on green IT"?
Is there any best practice I should follow?
Again, sorry for unintentional spamming.
S

Welcome to DaniWeb. You can put that link in your signature and it will be displayed on every post you make here. Just click Control Pannel at the top of the page and you will see how to change your signature.

Welcome to Daniweb:)

Hi everybody, and thanks for being so kind.

I would ask a question: I have many doubts about a web page I'm creating, with some script in it.
I am very bad in programming, then I would ask general informations about tutorials or guides on the web, where I can find the solution to my problems.
What I have on my page is a google map where users can place markers which are saved to a database. Now I would add some option (such as user registration and info window update for markers), which involve XHTML, php and Java.
Question is: which is the best section to submit the thread?

Thank you all. Sorry for being so long

Hi isotope, Each of those languages you mentioned each have there own forums on this site. So for example if you wanted help with PHP, you post a thread in the PHP forum under Web development on the top navigation bar. HTML, XHTML and CSS threads can be posted in the webdesign forum wich can also be found under the Web Development menu. Java also has it's own forum. I hope this helps:)

Hi ritchie513,
thanks for replying so fast.
I already saw those section; I was asking if there's one where miscellaneus infos (PHP and Java and XHTML) can be asked all together, being less technical.
Again, I would ask just informations about tutorial sites and general solutions, by now.
If there's such a general discuss section, please let me know (I couldn't find it), otherwise I'll do as you said.
Thanks again,
S

Ah ok, I see what you mean, well I would say the the Geek's Lounge forum under the Coffee House menu. This is usually the best place for general discussions and stuff:)

Welcome to Daniweb
Nice choice of username by the way :)

Thank you all for your kindness and, Serunson, glad for the nick appreciation :)

I' m very happy of being part of Daniweb: I already got useful indications for my work, and I guess it will be an evereyday reference to me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.