scru commented: :yawn: +0

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

To be honest, never could stand the guy, but may he rest in peace!

I didn't like him either -- he was a real big stuffed shirt, more IQ then he knew what to do with. He came from privledged elete and was never hesitant to let everyone know it.

RIP Buckley.

One less stuffed shirt on earth.

commented: May you be greeted with similar remarks upon your demise. -2

Jay Severin said William F. Buckley was the second most influential person in his life on his radio show, reiterating the same reasons over and over again for half an hour. Does anyone else listen to his show?

Never heard of Jay Severin, honestly! Are you living in the Bible belt or something?

Nope, New Hampshire.

Must be a local jockey. I never heard of him either.

His show is broadcast in the Boston area. Google him.

He was all of the above but he had a dry wit that sometimes I liked. I remember his appearance on Laugh-in - "I decided to do it when they promised to fly me out to Hollywood on an airplane with two right wings". He had the wit and intelligence to argue his position without name calling, he loathed 'W', but when Chomsky ripped him a new one in a one-on-one debate, he lost his cool and threatened to punch Chomsky in the nose. He was not used to being bested in intellectual debate - from this point on, I lost respect for him.

Well, he liked sailing, so he had at least one redeeming feature. He is now sailing somewhere up there in the clouds.

Well, he liked sailing, so he had at least one redeeming feature. He is now sailing somewhere up there in the clouds.

On the otherhand he might be in the depts of hell. Its hard to tell where he went, if anyplace. I would suspect he was an athiest.

On the otherhand he might be in the depts of hell. Its hard to tell where he went, if anyplace. I would suspect he was an athiest.

A sailing enthusiast in hell, no way!

Very sad........

Very sad........

I agree, sailing enthusiast should not end up in hell!

I agree, sailing enthusiast should not end up in hell!

Depends on what else he did during his life. For example do you know if he ever stopped beating his wife ?

Depends on what else he did during his life. For example do you know if he ever stopped beating his wife ?

False statement. Eternal destination has nothing to do with actions taken during life.

I beg to differ -- how many murders, rapists, and drug pushers would you expect to find in heaven ?

I beg to differ -- how many murders, rapists, and drug pushers would you expect to find in heaven ?

All the ones that eventually repented will be there. EnderX is the authority here, ask him.

William F. Buckley Jr. sounds like somebody important?
Well EnderX, since you are the authority on who goes to heaven, did he make it?

All the ones that eventually repented will be there. EnderX is the authority here, ask him.

True, Buckley might have repented too, we don't know one way or the other and its really none of our business. But with his eago it doesn't seem very likely.

Is he any relation to the famous Jeff Buckley?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.