This is an F-15

What is? Did you mean to post a picture?
I don't believe an F-15 has been one of the mystery planes posted (not that it would be too tough to identify)

yup, you finally cracked it :)
The M15 was built to a Soviet requirement. Original requirement was for 3000 aircraft, but after 180 production was halted.

I have an F-15 somewhere that'd have a lot of people confused. It's that experimental one with thrust vectoring nozzles and huge canards :)

This should be an easy one, therefore I want the exact subtype as well as correct type of aircraft :)

Jwenting's plane #24 coud be YAK38 Vstol?

Here is plane #25

it isn't :)

#25 looks like a HAL Tejas.

Plane #24 stumps me, can't see the tail, the air intakes should be a good clue though.

I agree, plane #25 should be an Indian made Tejas.

Well, here is mystery plane #26 ...

Too easy. It's an F-104G, 306 squadron Royal Netherlands Airforce.
It's preserved as a guateguard at New Milligen ("Dutch Mil") military air traffic control station.

Well, I figured plane #26 was easy for you with the pretty Dutch markings. Any more help with plane #24?

To kill time, here is plane #27 ...

I'm gonna skip the easy #27, I'm thinking #24 is a Sea Harrier, type FA2.

Sidenote - I've seen the F-104 in German AF markings back in the 70's, early 80's(?). Few pilots were as ballsy as the Luftwaffe guys streaking down a river valley in one of those winged rockets.

I'll count that as correct. The FA.2 was later renamed FRS.2 before being retired last year.

Let's leave #27 to others indeed.

The Germans indeed knew their lowlevel stuff. Sadly they were also plagued with maintenance problems, resulting in quite a few crashes before the chief of staff did some serious asskicking and reorganised the maintenance training and requirements.

I'll count that as correct. The FA.2 was later renamed FRS.2 before being retired last year.
<snip>

I wasn't sure about FA2 or FRS.2 - didn't find any handy reference to the designation change. They shouldn't go about changing names. Just not nice.

German F-104 story. In mid 70's sometime (memory is getting foggy) I was at RAF Mildenhall at the time of their big airshow. Buddies and I had time off, so we were watching all the aircraft arriving. Most would do a flyby or two before landing. The German 104's scared the poop out of everyone watching by making low, fast approach perpendicular to the runway, coming from behind all the watchers!

i have flown in a chinok . was awesome

Congrats to the many folks who were correct, plane #25 is Indian made Tejas.

I have flown in hot air balloon - was awesome too. Very quiet, could hear all the sound from the ground, people talking, dogs barking, and deer running in the woods.

On the low fly surprise, did the Germans pay for all the soiled underwear?

May I present plane #28 to you:

That red star looks cute, is it a Chinese plane?

#28 looks like a Yak-9, but I'm not quite certain.

Since #27 has gone this long - F-106 Delta Dart

Since #27 has gone this long - F-106 Delta Dart

Right on!

Plane #29 is something larger ...

#29 - the C-141ski

It's an Il-76 (or probably an Il-78, they're externally nearly identical).

IL-55?

I found a cute looking plane, so here is plane 30

hmm, tricky. Never been much into Italian aircraft of the 1930s and '40s.
It looks like a Fiat G.50, but I'm not 100% sure (mainly the engine cowling seems different, but it could have been produced in several versions with different engines).

As we seen to be heading into history, let's go a bit further back :)

camel?

nope. Bit more modern, but not much :)

Antonov ?
Yak?
Boeing Stearman?

The landing gear on jwenting's plane #31 seems to indicate a 1920s design. I am still checking.

no to all 3, jbennet.
It is indeed a 1920s design, and one that saw limited service in world war 2 in a role it wasn't originally designed for.

It took me while, but I am pretty sure that plane #30 is an Italian Macchi MC200.

Here is another plane, that would be plane #32, with a cute paint job.

You are right Snee, plane #30 is an Italian Macchi MC200. My brother is an air plane nut. Don't you just love the paint job!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.