#31 and 42 are still unanswered.
Come on guys, they may be rarities but they can't be that hard (and this one isn't exactly a rarity even, a few hundred were built) :)

... next time don't take pictures from Wikipedia :)

Does that mean you can only post pictures you took yourself? I didn't know that!

The USAF purchased a number of KFirs from the IDFAF in the 1980s, so there could be some at AMARC.
The rightmost one I thought a P-3 indeed looks different. DC6 or DC7 derivative most likely.
It's indeed no RB-45, I got the designation wrong. It's an RB-57 (probably an E or F version), Martin's version of the Canberra designed as a high altitude spyplane for the USAF.

Kfirs were bought by the Navy/Marine Corp for agressor training - AF used the F-5 and later F-16. I think the delta wing in the picture is either an F-102 or F-106.

The four engine bird next to the P-3 is most likely a P-2 Neptune, the predecessor in that role.

The RB-57 is the F variant. The E had essentially the same wing as the basic B-57 , where the F had much longer wings, bigger main engines, and, hidden in the overhead, additional small engines outboard of the main ones. Talk about excess power in relation to lift, pilots had to fight to hold it down till there was enough airspeed for the control surfaces to act.

The other swept wing birds are pretty much gonna remain nameless, unless someone's taking a trip to Tucson any time soon.

42 looks kind of like the Beech Starship, designed by Burt Rutan. But not quite - 42 looks like a single engine, the Starship is a twin. And what's the thing on top of the fuselage?

The KFirs were leased, I looked it up, and returned to Israel in 1989 or so.
The Neptune has 2 prop engines and in some versions 2 small turbojets under the wing, not in the wingtips, so left one could be that. Strange colours though, USN Neptunes never wore dark grey to the best of my knowledge.

The RB-57E had a large wing (though not as huge as the F) but smaller diameter engines than the F.
The engine intakes on this bird seem too small for the F (most of which would probably not be at AMARC anyway as they were sold to NACA/NASA after leaving the Air Force).

#42 is not a Starship indeed. This is a single engine aircraft. The Starship is far prettier :)

As to what it is, a few hints:
It never entered production. Gained FAA certification in the late 1980s. Two were built, of which the first had a slightly different configuration (and thus a different model name).
It is of US design and manufacture.

Does that mean you can only post pictures you took yourself? I didn't know that!

No, but finding answers on Wikipedia if you have the slightest clue where to look is just too easy if the exact photo is posted there :)

Plane #44 looks a lot like this mystery plane #45
This one is easy, so the heavyweights please wait.

quite different in fact. And #45 is quite a bit smaller too :twisted:

So far there's 4 unsolved ones.
#31, #42, #44, and now #45.

Come on guys, they're not that hard :D

Okay I will give it a shot, plane #45 is OV-10 Bronco?

Looks kind of like an F/A 18 Hornet

The low res makes it hard to make out the markings, though, can't tell who's flying it

Okay I will give it a shot, plane #45 is OV-10 Bronco?

Very good, you are correct!

I think this will be plane #46 ...

Plane #47 is similar to Plane #46 ...

Last not least something for the oldtimers plane #48 ...

mig

its an f16 hornet
wat say?

In order:
A320-200
737-600
MiG 15

I still have 3 out there noone caught yet :)

here they are once more.

I think plane #46 is an Airbus A319.

Plane #48 is a MIG15 with Dutch markings(?)

Czech markings :)

I think plane #46 is an Airbus A319.

Plane #48 is a MIG15 with Dutch markings(?)

You are right on the Airbus A319, and jwenting already corrcte you on the MIG15's markings.

At first blush the A319 and A320 look similar, but if you look at the tailsection you see the difference.

In order:
A320-200
737-600
MiG 15

Mildly off on the A320, but correct on the Boeing 737-500 and the MIG15.

Plane #49 is a WW2 beauty (not for the folks on the receiving end) ...

I still have 3 out there noone caught yet :)

here they are once more.

JW, you have me flabbergasted, I can't figure them out. Maybe you just have to declare victory and spill the beans.

guess so...
First is an (or rather "the" as there is/was only one) Omac Laser 300. Prototype turboprop business aircraft built around the same time as the Piaggio Avanti and Beech Starship, and utterly failing to sell anything.
Second is an IAI Arava 201. Israeli light transport aircraft, sold to several other countries in South America and Africa.
Third is a Koolhoven FK.51 trainer/observation aircraft, last used in May 1940 as a light bomber during the German invasion of the Netherlands.

Yah, the A320 and A319 are different but under that angle it can be hard to tell unless there is something to compare scale.

#49 is a heavily defaced (shame on its owners) B-25.

On a picture the easiest way to distinguish the A319 from the A320 is the location of the rear door with respect to the onset of the tail.

Here is mystery plane #50 (John McCain flew those in his early years)

ah, the Able Dog. AD1, A-1, Skyraider.
Whatever you call it, it's ugly as sin and effective as hell :)

^ You are really good. Either you live near an airbase or excellent at google :)

^ You are really good. Either you live near an airbase or excellent at google :)

Yeah, it's tough to sneak one past good old JW. Maybe this will do, plane #51

Looks like a Robin DR400 to me.

But indeed light general aviation aircraft aren't my strong point.

I live neither near an airbase (but near a major airport and 2 GA fields) nor do I like Google at all (as people here know well).
What I do have is a lifelong interest in aviation leading to a massive library as well as a large collection of my own photographs and a lot of links to aviation related websites.
Combine that with a near photographic memory for aircraft (and some other things).

And another brainteaser for you nutters :cool:

Though I do have one or two shots of this aircraft in my collection, this isn't one of them and is I think a marketing photo from the manufacturer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.