Hello, I am doing as I was told, I'm introducing myself.
I am a very widely travelled individual. My work takes me all over the world. (I am an independent positioning consultant to the oil and telecoms industries) In the last 20-ish years I have worked in over 40 countries, many of them multiple times.
I use a desktop PC which is well overdue for replacement and a MacBook which is loaded with OSX Leopard and dual boots with Vista. It's not quite ready to take over all of my work yet but I hope it will be soon. The aim is to get over carrying two laptops when I go to work. All the stuff I need for work is vertical market Windows software but I prefer the Mac progs for the out of hours stuff. (writing music)

Well, that's a little bit about me. If you want to know more..... Ask!

Regards, Allan.....

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hi Allan, welcome to DaniWeb. I enjoy my MacBook as well, although after trying Leopard, I've decided to stick it out a little while longer in Tiger. :-)

Hi Alan...Welcome to Daniweb Friend :)

welcome

Hey allen, have fun here

:) Welcome !

Hi Allan, welcome to DaniWeb. I enjoy my MacBook as well, although after trying Leopard, I've decided to stick it out a little while longer in Tiger. :-)

John, I have seen many of the discussions on the various forums regarding Leopard but decided to give it a go anyhow. (I got some 'info' from a guy in the Apple store in London) I have had absolutely no problems since changing over. Are you running anything that 'pushes the envelope'?

John, I have seen many of the discussions on the various forums regarding Leopard but decided to give it a go anyhow. (I got some 'info' from a guy in the Apple store in London) I have had absolutely no problems since changing over. Are you running anything that 'pushes the envelope'?

Oh, don't get me wrong -- the operating system is great, and only a few glitches, but Tiger just suits my needs better. Enjoy your new operating system.

Hi and Welcome to Daniweb

Glad to have you with us!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.