Hi ppl... I'm glad I joined your community, and yet I'm sad I didn't do that before...

What a pitty... yet, there is a reason - expensive Internet access and 7 years of loosing time at 56 kbps (in best case, of course, 90% of time somewhere 'round 33.6 kbps)...

So, let's go to the point:

Name: Sven
Nickname(s): MadDog (also at many other forums and Usenet, yet not always), MadDogSh (the other one forums and communities, as this one, where MadDog got occupied long before I came :) ), HR_MadDog (for Blitzkrieg players only)
Height: 182 cm (sorry, I use metric...)
Weight: 117 kg (metric, again, and fat...)
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Hobbies: Reading, fooling 'round with computer games nad computers in general, music (occasionaly)
Relationship Status: married

Fav Music: well... ummmm.... Pink Floyd, The Doors, RHCP... what to say - old people, old music... (NHF to those my age that still consider themselves young)

Education: Computer Science

Work: Programmer

Favorite Video Games: Blitzkrieg, Red Alert 2, Tropico, Civilization, Diablo II Lord of Destruction

Likes: food (ref: weight), jokes (humor in all forms except see ref. under dislikes), reading, sleeping
Dislikes: smokers, false prophets, lousy cooking and bad jokes

Well... that's it...

Again... thx for letting me be in that community... hope we'll all get to know better through time... :mrgreen:

Name: Ivan
Nickname: none
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 82kg
Hair: black
Hobbies: Listening to music, going out with friends and family, movies, laughing, sleeping, martial arts, working out,

Relationship Status: single

Fav Music: still not sure

Education: Computer HNC, Microsoft office
Speciality Microsoft office basics

Work: teacher :o

Favorite Movies: x men

Favorite TV Shows: John Doe,

Favorite Video Games: (Playstation)

Stuff I Dislike: Pain, , computer science( ), people with bad temper and who are loud, inconsiderate jerks 8)

First forum ive ever joined cuz im desperate for help hope ive done this wright
need to start some where... :rolleyes:

can someone assist me with c programming i have a small programm to white but keep having problems but the worst is know one to ask how i should have done it if this is the wright method or place to use i will continue please help me or at least give good advice .....thankyou profution

Hi Ivan,

This particular forum is just an informal place for new members to intruduce themselves, but it isn't a forum where actual computer-related questions are asked and answered.

You should post your question in a new thread in our C/C++ forum so that our programming helpers can offer advice.

In your post in that forum, please try to include as much specific information as possible about the program you are trying to write and the exact problems you are having. Knowing those things will help us get you a solution more quickly.

Thanks.

Name: Alex Smith
Nicknames: alex_extreme, alextreme2005, xtreme_a
Hobbies: Programming, Building software, Playing around with Linux, Swimming, Cycling
Favourite Food: Pizza
Favourite Computer Game: NFSU2, Simpsons Hit & Run
Favourite Music: Green Day
Favourite TV Show: The Simpsons

Computer Specs:

• AMD Athlon XP 2100+ 1.6Ghz
  • 1GB DDR RAM
  • ATi Radeon 9800 All-in-Wonder 128MB
  • Creative SB Audigy 5.1 Surround
  • 200GB 7,200rpm Hard Disk

You can find me at several other forums, which are: PearPC.net, Compuchat, TuxTalk (My own site) and DistroTalk.net. I am also around in several channels on IRC (irc.freenode.net, channels #pearpc,#distrotalk,#tuxtalkirc,#tuxos)

Name: Michael
Nickname: Mike
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 195, too much according to the Navy!
Eyes: Blue
Hobbies: Surfing (online, of course), XBOX, picking on my kids....
Relationship Status: married

Fav Music: Lots of stuff, as long as it isn't rap, or someone screaming.
Education: High School Diploma... working on IT degree...

Work: US Navy, for a few more months, then who knows!
Favorite Movies: Star Wars!!!! Tomb Raider titles, Stallone flicks, Schwarzenegger, you get the idea.

Stuff you Dislike: Knowitalls, folks who think the world owes them something, rap music, drugs, extreme laziness (hanging around once in awhile is OK!), and SLOBS, I live next to both of the last types, but only for a few more weeks!

Member Avatar for shAq

Hello to all the programming gurus in the forum.
Here's a quick intro of myself:

Name: Ashish
Nickname: shAq
Height: 5'11"
Weight: about 85 Kgs.
Hair: Black
Hobbies: Programming, Computer Games, Web Surfing, Basketball, Listening to people

Relationship Status: Looking for a girl who would be accepted by my family.

Fav Music: Any thing that has a beat to it.
Education: Studying for a Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering

Work: Studying and after 1 and 1/2 years jobless.
Workplace: Kathmandu Engineering College, Kalimati, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Favorite Movies: Matrix 1, not 2 or 3. LOTR, Terminator 2, Autumn in New York, Shrek 1, Finding Nemo, etc...

Stuff you Dislike: Smoking (hate the smoke), people who chose whom to like and whom to hate.

Programming Knowledge: C, C++, Assembly, little VB, little Java, learning C#.

I'm new to this site... I needed information about something online and this site came up under a google search.

I have a forum online as well.. It's much smaller and it doesn't REALLY have a theme. It's just an eclectic group of people from Canada.

The URL is http://kayeklassen.proboards51.com please come and join and meet some new people.. I have a board there called P.E.B.K.A.C It's the computer section.. I could use some intrest in that board. It's a free registration and there is a lot of people to meet.

Let's see...I'm 15, I live in Hawaii, and I like everything that involves computers and what makes them run, but programming them most of all.

I'm just starting and have only programmed in BASIC and what introductory C++ i know so far.

I love learning how to program, and plan to make a career out of it, so I'm trying to involve myself with different programming communities and surrounding myself with anything and everything programming. :-)

Hi guys,

found this site when searching for a solution to a home network problem. Amazed at the prompt and helpful responses people were getting.

Me:

Welsh
Male
IT hobbyist
likes most entertainment and (watching) live sports
dislikes politics and too much work
hope to be able to contribute as well as just lurk

Hi, new member from Australia.
Mainly here to give advice, and ask for it.
Looks like there's a wealth of information on heaps of subjects.
I'm an Elect/Comp Technician. I work recycling all those old computers people throw out after getting the latest machines, and pass them back to people who would otherwise be unable to have access to the Net, or even a comp.
You can't know everything, and places like this are great for learning and sharing info.
-Cheers all !

Greetings--

I am 30 years old living in the DC Metro area. I have been playing with computers since I was 10. In 3rd grade, my teacher thanked my parents for helping teach the other students how to play on the Apple IIe platform.

I've done some very basic programming on the VIC-20, Commodore 64, Apple IIe and then moved into the 8088's, 286s, 386s, 486s, etc :)

Right now, I mostly support Microsoft Backoffice products for a large organization.

Besides work, I can be found playing volleyball during the week or traveling around the US.

Maybe I can provide valuable assistance to others on this board. :cool:

--Chris

hi tuxtalk i need help with my sound on my computer, can you help me iseemed to have moved it or deleted it? please help me if you can

Hi All

Name is David, old guy (forty something) like to fish but no time. hate to work but have to. Have 2 daughters both sophmores (one HS, one college) Lovely wife of 20 years and getting better every day. I have a "love/hate" relationship with computers...we have 3 at home 3 at work and I am the IT/Tech support for both my Mother and Father via PCAnyWhere and VNC. I am currently getting broken into Linux/Unix (my employers software runs on it) but Windows is my biggy. I amaze my parents with what i know about computers....(if they only knew how little it really was, lol) I abhor adware and spybots and wish the disseminators of same could be executed by whatever method is the slowest and most painful. The previous is why I joined this site and have obtained much valuable information. I doubt if I could provide much serious technical help to anyone but would be more than willing to try. I look forward to reading, studying and learning more from the wizards of this site. Top of the day to ya.

David, Ridgeland Mississippi (yes we do have computers even in Mississippi) :)

Name: Mr Cuzac
Nickname: Cuzac
Height: 6ft
Weight: 180

Hobbies: Traveling, Reading, Finding new ways to make $$$ in my spare time, Playing my piano

Relationship Status: Single / Engaged

Fav Music: 80s Music.

Education: BS Aerospace Engineering, University of Cincinnati

Work: IT Consultant

Favorite Food: Popeye's Fried Chicken

Favorite Movies: Pulp Fiction, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Favorite TV Shows: Mr. Ed, The Tick, The Simpsons

Favorite Video Games: Pac Man

Stuff you Dislike: Rude, obnoxious, & overbearing people

Name - Amy
Nickname -
Height - 5' 4"
Weight - c'mon
Hair - blond/brown
Eyes - blue
Location - us
Age - 27
Hobbies - messing around on the computer/tring to learn as much as i can.,reading and watching tv
Relationship Status - married

Fav Music - country,80's
Education - some college
Favorite Movies - Best friends wedding,out of towners,spiderman,ect....
Favorite TV Shows - NBC/soaps,smallville,charmed,Gilmore girls
Favorite Computer Games - bejewled
Stuff I Dislike - lying,mean people,stealing

Well, this be me.

Name: ----
Nickname: Not telling
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 185
Hobbies: Listening to music, Biking, Daydreaming, Drawing, Working out, Painting minatures, Airsoft, ...Did I mention biking? -IN THAT ORDER

Fav Music: Industrial, Synth-Pop, Jazz, Dance, Techno, Whatever Chris DeBurgh is... Bands: Funker-Vogt, Wumpscut, VNV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk, The Moody Blues.

Education: Culinary Arts, Restaurant Management

Work: Military
Favorite Food: Fruit, Thai, Avocadoes

Favorite Movies: Metropolis, M, Legend of 1800, Battle Royale, The Goonies, Mad Max

Favorite TV Shows: Seinfeld, Frasier, Just Shoot Me, Spin City, Kaput And Zosky, YVONE OF THE YUKON!!!!!

Favorite Video Games: Darksun: Shattered Lands, Crusader: No Regret, Might & Magic VI, Fallout, Fallout 2, Alone in the Dark, Alone in the Dark 2, Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries, Mechcommander, Battletech(SEGA), Theme Park(3DO(like the CONSOLE, MAN))

Stuff you Dislike: Liars

Name: Joel
Nickname: Dogga, Bad Dog
Height: 165 cm
Weight: 55kg
Eyes: Hazel
Hobbies: stuff

Fav Music: dunno

Education: in high school

Work:2 embarrising

Favorite Food: all - xcept mushrooms, olives, beetroot, brussel sprouts, caviear, anchovies

Favorite Movies: lots

Favorite TV Shows: mmm... tv *drooling*

Favorite Video Games: too many

Stuff you Dislike: winging, girls biting and kicking and giggling and b***hing

Why I joined: OK I'VE NEVA PROGRAMMED A THING IN MY LIFE (XCEPT NOOB-ISH "GAME MAKER") AND I'M INTERESTED IN LEARNING HOW TO... PLZ HELP!

Desparate Dutch Dutch in Dublin.
Music: ACDC, Laurie Anderson, the Stripes, Husker Du,
Hobbies: design and scripting
Job: technical analyst
Name: Frank

I suppose I should make a post here -- afterall I just joined today. I'm not called "Ancient Dragon" for nothing -- no disrespects intended for dragons :rolleyes: Got this handle from when I played the role playing game Dungeons & Dragons about 10-15 years ago. Few, if any of you were thought of yet when I graduated from HS, when gas prices were $0.195 USD/gallen, we just got our first McDonald's a year earlier, Elvis was still making movies, JFK was President of the US, and Queen Elizabeth II had only been Queen about 9 years (yes, I remember watching her coronation live on B&W TV).

I have been married to the same woman (my HS sweetheart) for 43 years, have 2 grown children and 2 grandchildren. My grandson is just starting HS this fall, and my grandaughter graduated HS a year ago. I started a vigorous exercise program two years ago to keep all my body parts moving and still go there 4 times a week for 40 minutes each.

Hope to see yea around often :)

Hi Danny! I am an IT student in South Africa. I am in my last year, but c++ is keeping me here. I like watching movies, shopping and making friends, like u.

Name: Emerson
Nickname: Emer, but most of my collegues call me son
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 170
Eyes: Black
Hobbies: computer stuffs, TV, guitar, eat and sleep, hang out w/ friends

Fav Music: all but not much on hard rock.... I don't like too much noise

Education: Computer Engineering

Work: IT Engineer (TEchnip Middle East-Doha)

Favorite Food: ALL hehehe except pork and seafoods....

Favorite Movies: All action and comedy....

Favorite TV Shows: hmmmnnn... I luv animaes.

Favorite Video Games: too many before but now... nothing... no time to play.

Stuff you Dislike: computer and people virus itself....

Hello... Are you out there? My name is Harvey. Harvey John Anthony Yates Fryer-Sells but, y'all can call me harv.
I am attempting to use my "new" laptop to assist me in my main hobby which is ... Radio Programming. I have spent the last three to four weeks, on and off, tryin' to get the laptop to communicate with my eight year old Dell desktop. It's a Dimension XPS 233! I had to reformat both Maxtor hard drives,in the desktop, one size 4 one size 30. I'm thinkin' that I should've removed the smaller drive completely as this computer probably will not have space issues since I moved my music files to the laptop. I have gotten the laptop to print through the shared printer but, and this is a big butt, that's about all. Several other issues have come up... With both computers. I have been getting that iexplorer.exe message when shutting down the new laptop with Windows XP, this just started today and my old desktop with Windows ME has been really slow to connect to websites,my mail server and, locks up frequently when I try to connect using links from webpages. I'm gonna lurk awhile.Looks like a really cool site you have put together here! I just turned 50.... but I pass for 38 and think like I did when I was too young to think. It's late and I'm feeling my age so..

yoursin community,
harv

Hi my friends!
How r u? r u enjoying this site? I cann`t tell abt u but myself enjoying :confused: ... I am 19 years old male.
I am studing in 2nd year of IT engg.I am interested in HTML coding.Also I build my 2-3 personal websites using HTML coding.But I want any free site.If u have any website or u know any site name then plz reply me...
Also I am interested in C programming.I am trying to make programe of INSERTION & DELETION of element in QUEUE.If u have this programe then plz send me.
I am a simple man like u,but I have lot of ambitions abt future.So, till Good by.

Hi all,

I'm from the UK.

Running a software consultancy: www.perfectcoding.com

Looking forward to interacting with some of you soon.

Hello,

I am Kraken
And yes there have been a lot of Kraken's on the web for some time, for me it has been for 20 years or so.
I am 6' 2" tall
Very long brown hair.
56 years of age
And have been in graphics for over 30 years, I have worked in the film industry and worked a couple of games over the years, for now I have been baited our of retirement and now manage, (direct) a graphics company. We are in the early stages of orginization and have the main site about half complete. The forum is coming along ok. and both can be reached at http://www.jedimatrix.com/redmoongraphics/

At this time I have to complete the manual for the game (Gotterdammerung) which is a "what if" WW2 game. We will also make an intro movie for it too.
At some point in time there is a CG movie to be made, but this is another project altogether. And if one of the production houses gets off their duffs we may have a little FX work also.
As for this site, I came here purely by chance, this has been my good fortune, what a wonderful place to land.

Well thank you all
Kraken

Jack
aka Fieldhippy
Married with 2 daughters

Hobbies: Record collecting, garage sales, soccer
Music: The Residents, Frank Zappa, Stan Ridgway, lots o' stuff
Education: RTF major
Work: Title Company manager
Food: Tex Mex enchiladas/A really good steak/Wine
Movies: Woody Allen/Marx Brothers/Wes Anderson
TV: West Wing/24/Stella
Dislikes: Racism/Homophobia/bad enchiladas/a really bad steak

In general: I will probably be more of a burden that an asset to this group, but darn it I'll play fair!

Name: Karla
Nickname: My teenage children call me "Jo".
Hair: Brown with some grey
Eyes: Green
Hobbies: I don't think I have any real hobbies at this time, because I have been in survival mode for the past decade or so. I have been sick for a few years, but for the past week or so things seem to be looking up for me. I really enjoy spending time with my family and my sweet black lab dog! I used to like to go fishing and camping, so maybe I will do that for a hobby.

Relationship Status: Married for over 21 years to a guy that was my high school sweetheart!

Fav Music: It has been so long since I have had control of the radio dial that I don't really know. I guess it will have to be 70's and 80's music because I know the words. Also, Christian music is cool to me.

Education: BA and M.Ed. in Elementary Education grades 1-8, MA in Counseling, several post graduate science courses for teachers, Nationally Board Certified Teacher in Science ages 11-14.

Work: Retired after teaching/counseling for 20 years, but I am looking for something to do after the next year or so. Right now I am "taking care" of a family that that lost their home in New Orleans to the hurricane. This family of six people (and 3 dogs) now lives next door in a house that we own. I had never met them before, but instantly think of them as family, yet I don't even know their last name. Some people are amazed that we would become involved with complete strangers, but they aren't strangers. They are my daughter's boyfriend's mother's relative's friends, and now they are my friends, too. There are three generations ranging in age from mid 80's to 13 years old.

Favorite Food: Well...my screen name is KHZblue because I was once called a blue whale as I was swimming in our community pool. The middle school student also informed me that the blue whale is the largest mammal...so I guess lots of foods are my favorite.

Favorite Movies: Funny Romantic Adventures

Favorite TV Shows: Well, my cell phone alarm is programmed to alert me to be sure to watch Desparate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. I also like Everybody Loves Raymond

Favorite Video Games: PacMan and Tetris are the last ones I played.

Stuff you Dislike: People that are unkind to each other or think they are better than someone else, Cancer (my Mom just passed away from colon cancer)

Are you a fan of the Texas football team that beat the University of Louisiana at Lafayette team on Saturday? My son plays for ULL...well, he is a freshman...so I guess I should say he is "on the team" instead of "he plays" for them. He still had fun at Texas even though it was pretty pitiful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.