Vegaseat

So is it truly "Vegas Seat" or "[Chevy] Vega Seat" or "[star] Vega Seat" or "Vegas Eat"? There are a few others but I don't know him well enough to write them...

I let you in on a secret, don't tell anybody else, I love to eat out in relatively close by Las Vegas.

That finally ends countless hours of idle speculation on my part. :)

adatapost

When he first joined the site he seemed different in some ways (one being that his English wasn't as good, or didn't seem as good to me). However, he has since become a mod in the Java forum (and perhaps other forums as well?) and has definitely earned my respect. I'm not going to claim that his solutions are always correct or the best, but I don't recall seeing any of his solutions that anyone disagreed with, and he is generally helpful with replying to questions, providing useful information, and enforcing code tags and other rules.

I first ran into Adatapost in the C# section. He was a fairly prominent figure there when I first started (all those long months ago!!) and still keeps up his posts as a mod. I think he's patient and kind to the extreme and truly enjoys helping people learn. He's also encouraging with rep and nice comments!

P.S. Just like with vegaseat, I have yet to figure out what an adatapost is. Is that like a sign post for data to follow? ;)

joshSCH
Was an awesome godlike being, whom spread happiness throughout the binary planes of the internet. Sadly, he was cut-down in his prime by "The Man".

Just thought I'd correct that.

I first ran into Adatapost in the C# section. He was a fairly prominent figure there when I first started (all those long months ago!!) and still keeps up his posts as a mod. I think he's patient and kind to the extreme and truly enjoys helping people learn. He's also encouraging with rep and nice comments!

P.S. Just like with vegaseat, I have yet to figure out what an adatapost is. Is that like a sign post for data to follow? ;)

Huh, I never even knew he posted there, but I stick to Java. I also browse the C forum but almost exclusively to read answers to interesting topics, I hardly venture an answer unless it is something fairly simple. Anyway, I always thought his name just referred to the content of his posts.

adatapost is a beast on the .NET forums. If a thread goes ignored for any length of time, count on adatapost to post something for the thread starter, even if it is just a link to where more information is available. Of course, many of the threads are all the same, so they require the same response. You know the ones I'm talking about...

"Hiiiiii........i hv a proj tat req me to do x,y,z......plz hlp thkx!!!!!!!!!"

And, of course, the reply is usually "Speak english" and "Read the homework rules."

I let you in on a secret, don't tell anybody else, I love to eat out in relatively close by Las Vegas.

Oh, I thought you were a car lover :icon_razz:

Salem
The vice principal who would buy you beer on the side that you never had. Cares very deeply about the quality of the site, keeps people honest, extremely well versed in the C/C++ family (I've caught him in C# before too), offbeat sense of humor. I'm pretty sure he's British but nobody's perfect. Oh yeah and he operates invisibly so sometimes all you will see is the quick drying orange spraypaint in the rep box if you're not careful :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.