Hello all! I took that survey from samaru because I'm somewhat unoriginal :p

But this is me in a nutshell:

Name: David
Nickname: Davey (no relations!), Zoom, Tank, lots of weird things :p
Height: 5'10''
Weight: husky
Hair: Black
Eyes: Hazel
Hobbies: Live music (and just about everything else that has to do with music), reading, writing, volunteer work & community activism

Relationship Status: single

Fav Music: Smashing Pumpkins, Chemical Brothers, Dillinger Escape Plan, Tool, Strapping Young Lad, Devin Townsend, Opeth, be your own PET, The Mars Volta, Black Sabbath (the Ozzy years :p), Mastodon, Pearl Jam, Rancid, Afro Celts, Jurassic 5, The Roots, Sepultura (the Cavalera years), Basement Jaxx, Coheed & Cambria, High On Fire, Kill Hannah, Danzig, The Misfits, DJ Shadow, Faith No More, ISIS, Foo Fighters, Fatboy Slim, Garbage, KMFDM, Ministry, Revolting Cocks, Incubus, Fear Factory, Chemlab, Juno Reactor, Rob Dougan, Morcheeba, The Prodigy, Delirium, Mclusky, if you can think of it, I've probably given it a chance or already like it. :)

Education: Currently going for a Liberal Arts degree, would like to be an English major

Work: intern as computer help desk assistant at school (ironic, because I don't know as much about comps as I should :p)
Favorite Food: Anything Italian!

Favorite Movies: All the Viewaskew flicks, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, High Fidelity, Shaun of the Dead, Alien (and Aliens), quite a bit more.

Favorite TV Shows: Family Guy, Simpsons, Arrested Development (I MISS YOU!), Futurama, Venture Bros, Invader Zim

Favorite Video Games: Half-Life Series, Gunstar Heroes (Genesis), almost any game that allows me to blow things up ;)

Stuff you Dislike: Hyporcisy, stupidity (ignorance is okay, stupidity kills me), algebra

Looking forward to working with your lot!

-David

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hi David...Welcome to Daniweb Friend:)

Thank you. :)

Y'know, it took me this long to realize I spelled "hypocrisy" wrong :p

Welcome to Daniweb!

Welcome! What kind of books do you like to read? Who is your favorite author?

Welcome! What kind of books do you like to read? Who is your favorite author?

Hiya. :) Recently I've been getting into Christopher Moore, read "A Dirty Job" last summer and that was a lot of fun. Neil Gaiman is my author of choice, and "Good Omens" is definitely my favorite book, next to "Hunchback of Notre Damn". Big genre leap there, but still. :p
I also enjoy horror... Clive Barker, Lovecraft, Stephen King, Poe... there are others but I can't think of them at the moment.
Also been getting into Vonnegut recently.
Sci/fi and fantasy can be nice, too. I'll read pretty much anything except for generic romance. :)

I can't think of too much else right now, because I'm working on a paper for English that requires so much reading I don't have much time for pleasure stuff. >.<

Thank you, nav33n!

welcome

Hiya. :) Recently I've been getting into Christopher Moore, read "A Dirty Job" last summer and that was a lot of fun. Neil Gaiman is my author of choice, and "Good Omens" is definitely my favorite book, next to "Hunchback of Notre Damn". Big genre leap there, but still. :p
I also enjoy horror... Clive Barker, Lovecraft, Stephen King, Poe... there are others but I can't think of them at the moment.
Also been getting into Vonnegut recently.
Sci/fi and fantasy can be nice, too. I'll read pretty much anything except for generic romance. :)

I can't think of too much else right now, because I'm working on a paper for English that requires so much reading I don't have much time for pleasure stuff. >.<

Stephen King is my favorite author of all time. I am obsessed with his books.

Glad to have you with us!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.