Everyone has songs they dont care for...but are there any that when they come on, they just straight make you angry?

For me its Anything from Metallica......Because ultimately,they are the ones that started the change of P2P sharing and online radio stations as we knew it!!!!! :angry:

Also hearing this god awefull new christmas music!!!! (Most all of it is garbage compared to what i heard in the 80s and earlier (Johnny Mathis,etc))

Much better stuff!!

Recommended Answers

All 64 Replies

All rap makes me mad. That is why I hate it :angry:

I don't like their music (trashy as it is) but I do respect their right to get paid for playing it. Afterall, no one wants to work for free unless its for charity or something like that.

With the release of Load in 1996, Metallica distanced itself from earlier releases in what has been described as "an almost alternative [rock] approach", and the band faced accusations of "selling out". Metallica filed a lawsuit in 2000 against Napster for sharing the band's copyrighted material for free without the members' consent. A settlement was reached, and Napster became a pay-to-use service

and most people who do work for charities don't do it for free. They do it for the social status it gives them among their peers, getting bragging rights for "doing more for charity" than their neighbours and colleagues.
That's also why donation drives are so successful in companies and schools. Most people there don't want to be seen as giving less than their colleagues/classmates, and will overbid each other constantly leading to sometimes ridiculous donations to idiotic "causes".

What makes me angry is ANY music with political content, especially if it's created by musicians from one country but aimed at another.

The only songs that make me angry are the ones people play at middle of the night at high volume.

commented: haha nice one +3

>> and most people who do work for charities don't do it for free
Being a poor student I tend to avoid people collecting for charity on the streets. Every now and then I can't and when they talk to me and ask for 20 quid a month I ask if they get paid. If they do I tell them to come back to me when they don't, and if they say they don't I tell them I don't believe them and walk off. Flawless.

The only songs that make me angry are the ones people play at middle of the night at high volume.

I was living in student accomodation a couple of years ago with one guy who used to do it a lot. I got my own back when I bought a 1000W System, aimed at his wall, and played 'Insomnia' by Faithless at 3am the night before his exam.

Anything by the scissor sisters, eminem or rap of any kind drives me mad lol

commented: you seem like a resonable poster figured i give you my first add to reputatio +1

I might piss some people off but man nickel back gives me the hemroids. I dont know why I just hate their music.

I don't like their music (trashy as it is)

eek!!!!!!! :'(

load,reload, some kind of monster etc... are crap

RtL, Justice, Puppets and the black album were awesome

i think ayou would like the slower ones like "the unforgiven"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cGvzApDZKI

commented: Agreed. Everything after Black has been garbage. +6

eek!!!!!!! :'(

load,reload, some kind of monster etc... are crap

RtL, Justice, Puppets and the black album were awesome

i think ayou would like the slower ones like "the unforgiven"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cGvzApDZKI

I agree fully !

fave songs by metallica (best to worst, but bottom doesnt = crap, as they havent been shown)
Highly reccomend listening to all of these.

Welcome Home (sanitarium)
Fade to black
Battery
Master of Puppets
Ride the Lightning
For whom the bell tolls
And justice for all
The thing that should not be
Leper Messiah
To live is to die
My friend of misery
Holier than thou
Wherever i may roam
The god that failed
Holier than thou
Creeping Death
Escape
Blackened
Trapped under ice
Fight Fire With Fire
Disposible Heroes

I didnt like justice that much as an album - not enough bass!!!!! drums too clicky!!!
only ones i likedf on that were blackened, justice, one, to live is to die

Thaught some of puppets was crap (orion, damage inc)
Hated "dont tread on me". I loathe the hype sandman gets but its a good record. catchy as hell

I liked RtL the best. Every song rocked. IMHo puppets was too long and too many solos. Justice got this mix right, but was just mixed horribly!

I think the same can be said about st. anger. Could have been good with more solos and better mixing. I mean, Sweet amber, the unnamed feeling and purify could have been classic, but they sounded terrible. I mean, there tuning was different and the drums sounded wierd (worse than justice, at least that didnt hurt your ears)

Looking forward to the next album.

lol , it seems that metallicas success is due to (lars? cant remeber if it was him or jamez) being pissed all the time. Since he has given up drinking, they have been crap

I used to like 'master of puppets' but this club I used to frequent played the tune to death so I cannot tolerate it anymore lol

lol

MASTER
MASTER
OBEY YOUR MASTER!!!!

LOL

p.s the next album is due before 2009 btw, but i have fears its gonna be a remixed st.anger + unreleased stuff from that time period.

funnily enough, its st. anger that actually made me like metal/rock music. my music teacher played it when i was like 13 and i liked it.

im goung to see them at reading festival this year!!!!!! w00t

noooo no no I cant take it anymore lol

oh yeah and justin timberlake is irritating as well

fave songs by metallica (best to worst, but bottom doesnt = crap, as they havent been shown)
Highly reccomend listening to all of these.

Welcome Home (sanitarium)
Fade to black
Battery
Master of Puppets
Ride the Lightning
For whom the bell tolls
And justice for all
The thing that should not be
Leper Messiah
To live is to die
My friend of misery
Holier than thou
Wherever i may roam
The god that failed
Holier than thou
Creeping Death
Escape
Blackened
Trapped under ice
Fight Fire With Fire
Disposible Heroes

Ack, I can't believe you pushed Disposable Heroes to the bottom of the list and didn't like Damage Inc, but with the exception of The Thing That Should Not Be it's a good list :P
( I can't remember the last time I didn't hit 'next track' when The Thing That Should Not Be came up)

disposible heroes is at the bottom, but those are my faves. im not saying its bad, its just i dont like it that much compared to the other ones.

dont you like The Thing That Should Not Be ?

the intro is kick ass

Nah, it's just too slow and plodding for me. Disposable Heroes is probably my second favorite on that album behind Master of Puppets, though Battery and Sanitarium are right up there as well (hard for me to rank any of those favored over another actually). Least favored would the The Thing That Should Not Be and Orion (it's okay but too long for an instrumental).

i didnt like orion or kutulu

I like Unforgiven II and Fuel. Even "I Disappear" is pretty good.

Mr. jbennet Im shocked. An obvious metallica fan and you didnt like orion or damage inc. They are up there in my fav metallica songs.

All though when it comes to metal i like it heavier then metallica (Pantera/Slayer)

i like metallica, rammstein, sabbath, dragonforce

dragonforce, isn't that like viking death metal or something ? or is it galloping power metal?

You want to know who really pisses me off, well im goin to tell ya anyway. these little emo band such as good charlette. Man id like tie them up make them listen to actual music for like 6 weeks then cut their tungs out. mmwwwwwaaaaahahahahahah

lol Steve, Im not their biggest fan either. I really like the spice girls though

lol that was sarcasm btw

i hope so, hahaha me. i like back street boys

they are awesome !

Mr. jbennet Im shocked. An obvious metallica fan and you didnt like orion or damage inc. They are up there in my fav metallica songs.

All though when it comes to metal i like it heavier then metallica (Pantera/Slayer)

Pantera, Slayer, Overkill, Testament, Annihilator, Anthrax, Megadeth, Exodus, Corrosion of Conformity - all good (or they were many years ago, some I haven't kept up with :) )

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.