Hi all was browsing the web just now and stumbled across this:

http://learnsomethingnewtoday.us/2008/03/14/10-logical-events-that-will-occur-if-aliens-ever-make-contact

What if Aliens made contact with the Earth?

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Be warned:

Typos and spooky spelling mistakes abound inside.........

6. Language and culture will forever be different and major advances in science and medicine will change how we view the world.

One think in my mind...
What if human technology far more advance than the alien? :)

Do you remember the TV miniseries V ? That's my idea of what aliens would be like. They come to Earth to harvest its human population for food.

I did not see that V you speak of, Was it aired only over in the US ? (Im a brit). sounds good though, a little bit of human harvesting - nice! lol

on another note I have been trying to figure out your signature for ages

It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
Ronald Reagan

What is the oldest profession ?

Anonymous86 I think that if our tech is better than the 'aliens' we would have to make contact with them first. Ultimately we would probably wipe them out (humans being humans and all) or enslave them, not that I am a pessismist or anything

on another note I have been trying to figure out your signature for ages

What is the oldest profession ?

Prostitution.

lol really ? ::naive::

6. Language and culture will forever be different and major advances in science and medicine will change how we view the world.

Hmm, hasn't that been happening since July 7, 1947?

lol thats debatable vmanes esp if you ask Philip corso!!!

yeah, a tart is the oldest profession

lol JBennet, tart is a great word!

?

have not heard that word for ages (tart)

oh

I did not see that V you speak of, Was it aired only over in the US ? (Im a brit). sounds good though, a little bit of human harvesting - nice! lol

may have been -- its a 5-hour or so movie on two DVDs.

Do you remember the TV miniseries V ? That's my idea of what aliens would be like. They come to Earth to harvest its human population for food.

It was both a miniseries, then a regualr TV series. It aired in the UK - 1984 or so!
More info here.

I don't recall ever watching the TV series, but that's probably why it wasn't on tv very long because no one else watched it either :)

ok tanks vmanes and Ancient Dragon for the info. will have a look. 1984 eh? What a great year! (I was born lol)

Anonymous86 I think that if our tech is better than the 'aliens' we would have to make contact with them first. Ultimately we would probably wipe them out (humans being humans and all) or enslave them, not that I am a pessismist or anything

I don't think so...
Let see our technology is still not enough advance i think...
Because the discovery of a new planet mean our technology can improve more.

I meant at a future date, lol, not right now - we are still young in the planet exploration stages

Heh. Anyway I see this thread is mark as solved. So nothing to comment.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.