Wasn't your status 'banned' for a while back in those days?

I got one when I joined Daniweb around 2 years back, though I must admit it was more along the lines of the moderator not knowing what an infraction was meant for considering the infraction feature was newly introduced. ;-)

Well, an honorary infraction like that is a nice feather on your cap and should be cherished.

> Wasn't your status 'banned' for a while back in those days?

That was my custom title though I made a lot of people worry since both (an actual ban and my custom title) looked the same. :-)

> Well, an honorary infraction like that is a nice feather on your cap and should be
> cherished.

I get to cherish it all right; that infraction is still stuck to my Profile and will never go away though it has expired. :-)

I didn't realise that if a member had 'banned' under their name it meant they were banned - I thought it was a custom title lol

i have given out about 5 so far today

I don't have any warnings or infractions. :-D In the past (especially back in the days when this site was a baby and more teenage-geared, as I was 19) I should have deserved one or two. But, after carefully weighing the pros and cons, I decided against infracting myself

lol, ban dani from her own site ;p
then again, she could unban herself using the admin console

five in one just one day? thats a lot

Well, an honorary infraction like that is a nice feather on your cap and should be cherished.

Let me start on my 'feather' now :icon_cheesygrin:

five in one just one day? thats a lot

No not really. You'd be supprised at the number of spammers we get sometimes. But its not as bad as it was a year or so ago.

I get a kick out of banning people :cool: I'd give anything to see their eyes when they are online posting their dribble and a mod bans them on the spot. ;) I've caught a few like that.

most ive given on one day was like 20, that phone spammer was all over the site

lol Ancient Dragon, DaniWeb gets a lot of spammers then? Guess any forum would....

>DaniWeb gets a lot of spammers then?
I like that reaction. I means we're doing our job exceptionally well.

^ I agree. I can only recall two instances of seeing spam.

Ya maintenance of this site is great i must say......I just got another one. I accidentily posted the same thread twice or something and got a warning from john a. the automated modderator. Damn Im gonna get kicked out of here. Gotta be good and watch myself from now on I guess.

A warning is not an infraction, so youŕe save for now ;)

>Damn Im gonna get kicked out of here.
You know, you could actually read and understand the rules. We won't infract you unless you break one of the posted rules. Also, if you're interested in such things, intimately knowing the rules increases your chances of getting an invitation to be a moderator yourself.

john a. the automated modderator

automated?

I don't think i have any infractions. It doesn't say i do :P
I'm a good well behaved poster :D

Yes. And keep it that way. Nothing worse than a misbehaving brit!

automated?

I'm pretty sure that is his custom user title.

Yes. And keep it that way. Nothing worse than a misbehaving brit!

lol, thats bennet :P Power crazed moderator :D

I'm the funnier, more sarcastic, more knowledgeable on life,... the list is endless
:)

I don't get the point behind banning somebody. If I was banned, I could always register again with a new email address (Yahoo and Google are giving away email accounts for free) and start spamming again!:icon_cheesygrin:

>I could always register again with a new email address (Yahoo and Google
>are giving away email accounts for free) and start spamming again!
And you would almost immediately be banned again. It's vastly easier for us to ban you than for you to create a new email account, re-register, and continue spamming. I'm sure you'd find it not to be worth the effort.

And you would almost immediately be banned again. It's vastly easier for us to ban you than for you to create a new email account, re-register, and continue spamming. I'm sure you'd find it not to be worth the effort.

I will make a second account and try it out, let's see how it goes:icon_cheesygrin:

Just like someone we know :cough: josh2 :cough:

I will make a second account and try it out, let's see how it goes:icon_cheesygrin:

You find it easier to simply follow the rules, easier for you, the members (posting buddies), and DaniWeb mods.

didnt we ban making new accounts after josh did it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.