Hi everyone. My name is Jamie. I have a degree in Business Information Systems but live in a very rural area so computer-related jobs (for that matter..ANY jobs) are a little hard to come by. I started out with a company two years ago in a completely un-related field but they eventually saw the benefit of my computer skills and I am now their sole-provider of their IT support.

This has been a challenge for me, as you might guess, because I had the book knowledge but not the actual experience. I've spent hours reading over message boards and forums though, which have greatly helped.

Any I read seemed to be full of people that thought you must be an idiot to not already know the answer to your question. Needless to say, I never joined any of them. Yours seems to be a very welcoming and helpful group though so I wanted to say thank you to the administrators and members that encourage that.

Anyway, I've got to get back to figuring out the mess that Microsoft named Vista but I wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi Jamie...Welcome to Daniweb Friend :)

This has been a challenge for me, as you might guess, because I had the book knowledge but not the actual experience. I've spent hours reading over message boards and forums though, which have greatly helped.

the best way to learn is by doing. Virtualisation technologies have helped a lot in this respect

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome to Daniweb

Glad to have you with us!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.