I have been in the IT field for 12 years and work as a LAN administrator in a very small non-profit educational arena (although linked to a large WAN with a large educational institution). I am kind of a newbie with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0 and am trying to learn that. Just getting the kernel is stumping me when I am a Windows IT supporter mainly. Anyway - I'm hoping to be able to utilize DaniWeb as a resource to be able to find solutions to problems that stump me. Thanks for welcoming me.

Laura

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I have been in the IT field for 12 years and work as a LAN administrator in a very small non-profit educational arena (although linked to a large WAN with a large educational institution). I am kind of a newbie with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0 and am trying to learn that. Just getting the kernel is stumping me when I am a Windows IT supporter mainly. Anyway - I'm hoping to be able to utilize DaniWeb as a resource to be able to find solutions to problems that stump me. Thanks for welcoming me.

Laura

OOOOOOOO another geek joined DaniWeb! Welcome!

Welcome to Daniweb!

Glad to have you with us!

Hi Laura...Welcome to Daniweb Friend :)

I am kind of a newbie with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0 and am trying to learn that

I can personally reccomend the book "red hat linux bible". Grab a copy of CentOS (free version , virtually identical to the real redhat) and experiment at home in an emulator or something. Experimentation is the best way to learn.

Welcome to Daniweb!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.