What the heck is going on?! Suddenly everyone is changing their avatars - I hardly recognize anyone any more.

Okay, not everyone but still scrolling down through long threads now takes longer because I can no longer discount people out of familiarity (just kidding).

Recommended Answers

All 69 Replies

I think it has to do with springtime!

Now i gotta change mine. But I dont have any interesting pics...

Do like me: disable avatars ;)

>What the heck is going on?!
Some of us change avatars regularly. It's an easy way to personalize your posts.

Narue: I liked the other one better That lady holding the chainsaw and wearing Jason's mask just did something for you. :)

I liked that one too, but it was time for a change, and I haven't even come close to using all of my favorite Kyon avatars yet. :)

I don't see any new avatars. Just a couple of old ones that have been adopted.

What the heck is going on?! Suddenly everyone is changing their avatars - I hardly recognize anyone any more.

Okay, not everyone but still scrolling down through long threads now takes longer because I can no longer discount people out of familiarity (just kidding).

Darn posters any way! Don't you just love Naru's new avatar?

haven't changed it in years...

That lady holding the chainsaw and wearing Jason's mask just did something for you.

it remains as my mental image of you (i have never really seen you of course) :)

>i have never really seen you of course
If the chainsaw wielding chibi is your mental image, you'd be pretty disappointed by the real me.

:)

Ya, as my first encounter with narue was, to say the least, interesting, I picture that chiainsaw chicky as well. From the post's Ive read it seems to fit the witty answers which ive come to expect.

I think im just going to go with the real pic of myself as a personal touch.

I think im just going to go with the real pic of myself as a personal touch.

Yea, that mugshot fits your name also :)

thats me! No Joke. Like it or Lump it. :)

>I think im just going to go with the real pic of myself as a personal touch.
Rashakil Fol did that and I called him a serial killer. I showed Dave Sinkula my picture and he tried to convince me that I don't really have blonde hair... Real pictures are nothing but trouble. By the way, I think you'd look hotter without the face fur.

I am still looking for some kind of redoubtable avatar.

i like my current one

I like animated avatars!

The only thing I don't like about changing avatars is that the change propagates backwards in time.

Hmmm, I just tried to import a new avatar and I get the message "You may not upload animated images" Well, I will look around for something - this is the image I was trying to use:

You have to be a paid member to post animated avatars.

By the way, I think you'd look hotter without the face fur.

Ya, that was a couple years ago. My face is much less furry these days.

Hmmm, I just tried to import a new avatar and I get the message "You may not upload animated images" :

Only mods, donaters etc... have that privilege

I am neither a mod nor a sponsor. I however have an animated avatar ;)

And no it is legit.

must be a bug.

So.... how much does it cost to become a donor?

must be a bug.

*cough* i like bugs. ;)

Maybe I am an undercover mod :P

Maybe yes. Most folks with undercover status normally like to hint to the fact that they might be undercover. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.