its fine. normal users still cant upload thier own.

>I think im just going to go with the real pic of myself as a personal touch.
Rashakil Fol did that and I called him a serial killer. I showed Dave Sinkula my picture and he tried to convince me that I don't really have blonde hair... Real pictures are nothing but trouble. By the way, I think you'd look hotter without the face fur.

now that is really interesting. I knew this blond from a few years back and i remember that she had this really dark brown eyes.

Now that is the best thing that would lead me to say someone is not a real blond since both the blond hair and blue eyes are caused by a recesive gene that causes low levels of melanine. but she was in fact a real blond.

so what evidence, precisely, did he use to accuse you of not being a real blond since i can think of no thing more damning against blond hair than it not going with very light coloured(e.g. or perhaps i should say i.e. blue) eyes.

just out of curiosity. i am drawn to puzzles like a moth to a flame and i would really like to know the basis of his reasoning.

>so what evidence, precisely, did he use to accuse you of not being a real blond
Comparison of my picture with a picture of his wife. Probably a straight color comparison.

i think blondes are overrated

black/brown hair is nice too

i've always been able to look past the color of hair, but I do have to admit that regardless of the color of hair color, they all get angry the same and take away what you value the most ;)

i've always been able to look past the color of hair, but I do have to admit that regardless of the color of hair color, they all get angry the same and take away what you value the most ;)

That's probably because you were a jerk.

commented: :) +29

ya, people dont usually get angry unless you make them. Some do for stupid reasons.....but.......If most women in your life get mad at you, then your obivously doing something wrong.
Show women respect and appreciation and the world will be yours.

That's probably because you were a jerk.

Lol nooo....;) i have never made my woman of five years angry. you silly goose.

ya, people dont usually get angry unless you make them. Some do for stupid reasons.....but.......If most women in your life get mad at you, then your obivously doing something wrong.
Show women respect and appreciation and the world will be yours.

Actually I have only had one women get mad at me and that was my mother. She was mad because I left home to join the military.

because I left home to join the military.

that'll do it.

It was a general statement though. Just bored at work watching the grass grow.

Maybe I am an undercover mod :P

I have not seen you at the meetings!

there are meetings?

you mean to tell me that you all dont have a meeting to discuss the meeting that will take place after the next meeting?

Dani had a meeting once in New York City, but I didn't go because it was too far to ride my tricycle.

Dani had a meeting once in New York City

I should arrange a daniweb UK meeting. Who lives in the UK apart from me, serunson and happygeek ???

Dani had a meeting once in New York City, but I didn't go because it was too far to ride my tricycle.

It fell through. Same problem as Davey encountered.

I should arrange a daniweb UK meeting. Who lives in the UK apart from me, serunson and happygeek ???

It's a bit of a long swim across the North Sea, but I'm probably closer to Brighton or even London than a Scot.

any chance of getting bus + eurothunnel. Ive done that to go on a drinking trip in belgium before, but holland is further away, isnt it?

@ narue
sorry. i dont get that. looks alone cant say you are blond or not. or perhaps he was just kidding. I get the impression that everybody thinks the mighty narue is so intelligent(no offense intended in case you take some) and that it is not possible for a blond to have that kind of IQ. Of course i have been in close contact with three blonds so far and none of them has struck me as dumb. In fact there is this black head i currently knows who sometimes makes me wonder if IQ isnt wasted on women when they start worrying about their figure. They worry about the weirdest stuff and would believe any lie no matter how much scientific evidence there is against it.

@ jbennet
i also think brown is cool but only when it goes with green eyes. in fact i have more to say about the eyes than the hair.

@steven woodsman
true. but do you know how easy it is to upset them? the worst part is not that you do not realise that you have upset them, although that can be a factor at times, but that you never realise how insignificant the little thing is that is going to set them off.

Jbennet, your dang avatar has me mesmerized. I keep hoping you drop that folder every now and then.

Not sure how technology is on your ends but I think a vtc would be an easy solution. maybe this solution has been brought up in the past and dissmissed for the obvious reasons, but their certainly seems to be a mutual interest for a meeting. The sum of a collective is greater than ............

any chance of getting bus + eurothunnel. Ive done that to go on a drinking trip in belgium before, but holland is further away, isnt it?

cheaper and faster to take a plane or (possibly cheaper, certainly faster) catch the fast ferry to Harwich.

Otherwise it's drive to the chunnel, which is quite a drive, or catch a train to Paris and from there the Eurostar to Ashford (nice town, been there) or London.

Not sure how technology is on your ends but I think a vtc would be an easy solution. maybe this solution has been brought up in the past and dissmissed for the obvious reasons, but their certainly seems to be a mutual interest for a meeting. The sum of a collective is greater than ............

Skype conference call should be easy to set up (though I don't have a webcam worth the name at home) but it's the meeting in person part that's fun.
A virtual pubcrawl just doesn't quite have the same appeal as a real one :)

yeah its just that the eurostar goes to st. pancreas in london which has good links

I don't see any new avatars. Just a couple of old ones that have been adopted.

Are you 'funnen' me?

I like the red eyes.

>I get the impression that everybody thinks the mighty narue is so intelligent
Everybody would be disappointed then. I'm not exceptionally intelligent, I'm just too stubborn to give up. ;)

>I get the impression that everybody thinks the mighty narue is so intelligent
Everybody would be disappointed then. I'm not exceptionally intelligent, I'm just too stubborn to give up. ;)

a talent like that would serve many well.

I showed Dave Sinkula my picture and he tried to convince me that I don't really have blonde hair.

Musta been was the lighting.

---
I showed Dave Sinkula my picture and he tried to convince me that I don't really have blonde hair...

Just a cheap ploy by some guys to get more proof. You know. Blondes and redheads suffer from that most often.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.