"New Poster, New Thread, Poof gone" Group"

I've noticed many new threads from new posters (normally have 1 post on their profile) add the thread and then "poof: they are gone" no more posts/threads from that poster.

This personally doesn't bother me but I've noticed all of the "unanswered threads" are from the "New Poster, New Thread, Poof gone" group.

In the meantime I will keep noticing. Have a great day :)

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

The majority of posters aren't interested in being a part of the community. They have a question and bail as soon as it's answered or as soon as it's clear they won't get a "satisfactory" answer.

> or as soon as it's clear they won't get a "satisfactory" answer.
s/satisfactory/spoon-fed/

According to 1 reference, Members: 317,794
According to another, Showing results 61001 to 61100 of 240345

Whichever upper number you choose to believe, only 61000 (+ change) have actually posted AT ALL. All the rest are on zero posts.

And there's only about 5000 which have managed to make it to double-digits.

There are many more visitors that never register.

It does always amaze me that almost every Geeks Lounge thread always has visitors viewing it; as I write this one has five. Especially in the posting games. When I am viewing them and I see that a visitor is viewing "counting lessons" it makes me wonder if they actually can't count and read it to learn how.

Dani insists otherwise, but I still think most of our visitors are web crawlers.

And then there are some members like me who get up one day and say 'hey i will start posting on daniweb from today' :D

And then there are some members like me who get up one day and say 'hey i will start posting on daniweb from today' :D

Or like me, who wants learn something new so I pop in to poke locals with a blunt stick hoping for someone to make me think.

I've noticed many new threads from new posters (normally have 1 post on their profile) add the thread and then "poof: they are gone" no more posts/threads from that poster.

have you noticed that like a huge % of daniwebs users have never even posted once?

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/memberlist.php?do=search

179943 havent ever posted out of 318779

= 56% dead users LOL

a measely 34253 have posted twice or more

so, how many are active users?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.