I say 30s thru the 80s hands down.......... (With 80s being the peak (Which is what i voted for))

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

'40s and '50s.

It also depends on who made the cartoons.

I like nearly all of the WB cartoons. But I am sad to learn that my most favorite of the WB cartoons ("Hare-um Scare-um") no longer exists.

The early Hanna-Barbera cartoons were good, but the later ones were mass-produced. They were too repetitive and the jokes were stale.

Terrytoons were quite good.

Harveytoons were much more violent, with characters often torn in half.

Disney's best were made before 1970.

Anything Except For 60s and 90s

Scooby, Road Runner, the Jetsons, Underdog, were and still are my favorites. Yes, even at my ags, I still watch cartoons occasionally :)

TMNT come on ! lol

The Flintstones and Jetsons were neat, looking into the past and the future as only cartoons could do. Love those reruns and old DVDs.

The Simpsons are the best cartoons ever. Not the newer ones however, seasons 1-10 are the best.

The Simpsons are the best cartoons ever. Not the newer ones however, seasons 1-10 are the best.

I have to agree with that! They are not in the poll?

I have to agree with that! They are not in the poll?

They don't fit into any of the categories perfectly. The first episode was in 1989 (yes I realize it was December 17 but technically still the 80's) and they are still coming out with new ones. If they had their own category I would have picked it.

Matt Groening created the Simpsons in 1987 (long before I was born), when it appeared as shorts in "The Tracey Ullman Show". I guess that puts my favorite cartoon into the 1980s. BTW, the characters were named after Matt's own family members.

Matt Groening created the Simpsons in 1987 (long before I was born), when it appeared as shorts in "The Tracey Ullman Show". I guess that puts my favorite cartoon into the 1980s. BTW, the characters were named after Matt's own family members.

I realize they were on Tracy but I didn't count that because it was not a standalone cartoon. Yes they were on for three seasons (and some characters like Krusty the Clown were introduced) but to me the official Simpsons did not start until December 17, 1989 with the episode Simpsons roasting on an open fire.

My folks had a few Flinstone tapes around when I grew up. I have to admit that the Simpsons have class! Besides most of my teachers hated the Simpsons.

***Lisa builds perpetual motion machine***
Homer: Lisa in this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics.

My fav. are all listed in here http://www.nipponanimation.com/

Watched most of them (dubbed into Arabic) ..

I like watching Tom n Jerry too .. not the Juniors series (eww) ..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.