But not the kind you're thinking of (I would say).
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7412719.stm

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I say, if a drug helps you think better, why shouldn't you be allowed to take it and why is that cheating? Maybe everyone should start taking them. There's probably some terrible side effect or something, though I didn't see any mention of it in the article.

good of them to do that. Those drugs have longterm negative effects on health, are illegal to use without a prescription (and thus if those kids use them they ARE committing a crime and so probably are their parents for providing them).

There's IMO no difference to these kids using illegal prescription drugs or using cocaine. Both have the effect of temporarilly hightening alertness and increasing mental powers, but at the longterm cost of destroying that same brain.

It's also cheating at exams to use them, as you're misrepresenting your mental faculties thus reducing the value of the exam score in determining your capabilities.

They are pretty much useless if they do nothing else other than to boost up ones 'hard drive' temporarily.

They are pretty much useless if they do nothing else other than to boost up ones 'hard drive' temporarily.

If there is nothing on the 'hard drive', no drug will help, not even the usual caffeine (most popular energy drinks), hyper-breathing (oxygen) and tuna diet.

Drug testing is a good idea.
They do that at employment places as well.

Anybody who uses prescription drugs for illnesses they dont have are stupid, and do not deserve to pass any kind of tests.

Plus it's unfair to those of us who have any kind of standards and don't pollute our systems with that nonsense, because in the end our hard earned grades and GPAs are worth a lot less with a bunch of stupid people on the job market with high grades and GPAs.

Anyone know good drug that fights senility? One of the presidential candidates is interested in cutting back his senior moments.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.