I have talked to a number of people who think that their 'democratic' country is really ruled by a secret group of influential folks who pull all the strings, and it wouldn't really matter what the voters elect. Is your country in this quandary?

jasimp commented: Good idea +7

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Of course that is true -- In the USA they are called senators, congressmen, and lobbyists.

Ooh, Secret Rulers! This is my kind of topic. The Skull and Bones are the secret rulers of the US, the French have too many secret societies to know which one is in control but here is a clue to where they party, Britain by the Ordo Templi Orientis, the Thule Society in Germany, but one society to rule them all 'the Illuminati'.

Of course that is true -- In the USA they are called senators, congressmen, and lobbyists.

nope, they're called lawyers.

commented: Unfortunately so +7

Nope, they are called moneybag bankers.

commented: BTW I like "No one died when Clinton lied" :) +1

I believe secret societies have always existed and will continue to exist. These niches provide for those in the "inner circle" to really relax and be without the fear of general public speculation IMO.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.